I didnt think it could happen to me

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

longshanks1

I didnt think it could happen to me

Post by longshanks1 »

Well the 607 failed its test , i had a brake fluid leak , but that was a union done under warranty , the worst part of the failure was the subframe , it was rotten , and it couldnt be welded , so needs replacing , i have ordered a second hand one and i will get it powder coated and fitted when i receive it, when i worked in the motor trade i was so anti peugeot , i never thought i would be the owner of one , but it as cost me a fortune , someone said wouldnt it have been better to scrap it , i will say no , this car when running right is the smoothest and most driver friendly car i have ever been in , i dont feel tired in it , when driving ,dont get me wrong my previous vehicle a 2002 rover 75 cdti , club se , manual was a very nice car , but you knew when you travelled any distance , and if everyone who as one then came across my problems and scrapped the vehicle , then mine will become a rarity . :supafrisk:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: I didnt think it could happen to me

Post by steve_earwig »

Wow, I thought stuff like rotten subframes were a thing of the past, unless the car's been driven in the sea :? The only thing like it I hear of these days are Golf subframes but it's not rust that scraps them...

607 2003, that's pretty shabby really :frown: Well done for persevering, I hope it behaves itself now :twisted:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.