more suspension woes

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

annie
2.0 16v

more suspension woes

Post by annie »

finaly managed to change rear droplinks and so much better but still a slight knock.

next suspect is the control arm from rear of hub to underbody. looks like a track control arm. with a big burly friend to help there is some movement in the bush and translates to about 1-2mm movement at the wheel..
any how to or vids on changeing these... does it control track, in which case ill need to remember where all the washer go in the right order etc???
annie
2.0 16v

Re: more suspension woes

Post by annie »

i think its just another link to the anti roll barhttp://www.gsfcarparts.com/527pc0011
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Pug calls that either a link or rear stabiliser rod, it's not got anything to do with the ant roll bar. Alignment is controlled by the washers where it's mounted onto the subframe which have an off-centre hole in them, so it's important to mark them before you do anything else so they go back in the same place.

I'm sure Frank made a vid but I'm a bit pushed for time to look for it, however this came up on a quick search - https://youtu.be/YqQqrdA-yWk which might do you.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

thanks... thats perfect. 10 each at ecp so ordered for monday...
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

done one side and just as easy as drop links.. an hr of wd40 and molegrps that dont grip properly.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

The rear ARB D-Bushes are famous for wear/noise on these and the drivers side one is a PITA as the fuel filler is in the way of the bolts meaning the tank/filler should at least be lowered a tad.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

had to give up...the metal insert inside the bush on the body end has welded itelf to the bolt so wont come out. cant grip the insert hard enough to twist the bolt inside it to break the rust hold.

the only way i think is to cut the bolt off in a few places along its length. has anyone done this before because there certainly isnt much room for a grinder in there and a hack saw is useless as no room to move it
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

also does anyone know the nameor part number of the bolt itself
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

right got bolt from pug for a fiver whilst ebay wanted £12 so result there.
cut through old bolt and track arm and all done. but ooops.. slipped and cut through the brake hose aswell. ahwell another £12 and wanted to change brake fluid in the future anyway...