2.0 hdi Servo

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

stevewalsh
2.0 16v

2.0 hdi Servo

Post by stevewalsh »

Hi all

Anyone know how easy to change a servo, 2.0 hdi year 2000, RHD.

Also do you know if the RHD and LHD servo are the same, I have chance of a servo from a LHD car

Thanks

Steve
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: 2.0 hdi Servo

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi Steve, I've no experience so I've just been looking in Haynes - starts out by removing the master cylinder (loads of scope for getting air into the ABS unit, don't turn the ignition on, do not pass go, do not cross the beams), disconnect the linkage, unbolt. I'm sure there's someone who's done this can tell you how to actually do it.

I checked Service Box, they're not the same, even though they're in the same place so it must have something to do with the crossover linkage on RHD cars. Also, there's an RPO, before September 2000 they're Bosch, after that they're Teves, not sure if they're interchangeable, it's probably better to assume they're not as the m/c is different too.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
stevewalsh
2.0 16v

Post by stevewalsh »

Thanks very much, Looks like I will have to strip it off and get one from a UK Breaker.

Cheers

Steve
stevewalsh
2.0 16v

Post by stevewalsh »

Just finished sorting out the servo, Spent a while verifying it was a servo prob and not lack of vacuum, Used a Carb vac gauge to see what was happening. Removed Servo. 3 hours.... Checked against LHD one in French Breakers.. Operating rod in back is a lot longer on LHD, mIne is an ATE, Listed as Teves on Pug service box.. The Bosch ones appear to be mounted closer to bulkhead and couldnt decide if they are interchangeable, Wife has a 406 with a Bosch and though they look same I wouldnt like to chance it.
Got a ATE delivered from a UK breaker and 3 hours to fit, including removing air from ABS. Bled the air from Mastercylinder before connecting pipework, then removed wheels and calipers and forced the pistons back in pushing any air back through mastercylinder, also did same with clutch, forced cylinder back after reconecting feed pipe to M/cyl.

Brakes are better than they have ever been.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Well done Steve. Sounds a bit of a mission, good result though. 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
stevewalsh
2.0 16v

Post by stevewalsh »

It was a bit of a mission.

If anyone has to do this, I have a few tips to get it done, Haynes suggests taking Cyl Head off, But not needed with a few decent tools and plenty of patience, feel free to message me.

With hindsight, I should have taken photos etc for Knowledge base.

Thanks for all the advice via this site.

Steve