Rear View Camera (UPDATE)

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

406IT
1.8 16v

Re: Rear View Camera (UPDATE)

Post by 406IT »

so far its cost £15.94 for the Camera - The screen was £22.95 which i ended up removing from the housing and modifying to fit into the sun visor- The 2 switches come to £4.57 ( waiting for delivery) , Black leather fabric was from an old set of seat covers I had removed from our old car and didn't use, glue, Connectors, screws, tape and all the cabling etc I already have , it wasn't bought as a Kit as they are usually over £100+ and it was more of something for me to do my way than just buying a revering Kit - I will have it running seperate to the reversing lights so I can use it any time hense buying micro switches i can discreatly mount in the plastic pillar next to the windscreen. I will be running it off the ignition wire but also switched so it can be turned off when not needed. I'm sure there will be a lot of people out there thinking it is a waste of time but it was just something for me to experiment with for Fun - and the outcome i'm very pleased with once its all finished and looking tidy. it will be handy to check that my Son / Dog is not right behind the car when reversing into the drive and give me better aim to hook upto the trailer. Purists out there will be glad to know that cosmetically it does not ruin the cars outside appearence with NO holes cut into the bumper or tailgate. and only the sunvisor being cut. - The camera is mounted into the roof with 2 Very small screws which wont be noticed if ever removed.
-------------------------------------------
1997 406 1.9TD Estate
1989 BMW 735iSE Auto
2002 Mazda Premacy Sport
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Very nifty, I'm all for doing stuff just to do it (why did they climb Everest again?). It would be good for when I pick my other half up from school (where she's a teacher :frown: ) because the kids have no sense whatsoever, they just walk about anywhere and half of them are too short to see through the rear screen.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
wasp
2.0 16v

Post by wasp »

Nice work there.
i fitted one to my estate last year, i have my camera in exactly the same place. i use it for reversing my small trailer which is invisable until in jack-knife position!!! :oops: ,at the local tip,--
my screen is part of a dvd,satnav etc unit mounted under the standard d9 cd player..its a gr8 unit ,i have the units aux input connected to the pug cd unit enabling the standard radio/cd to still work with remote stalk ect.
you can see it here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7897
the screen tilts up at various angles if needed.
"A HDI Is For Life and NOT Just For Xmas!!!"