Radio, aircon, and MFD removal

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

plod
3.0 24v

Re: Radio, aircon, and MFD removal

Post by plod »

steve I think i've got that strip of rubber figured out.

There is recess just above where wires come out of unit and into led display and would assume it sits there and supports the wires
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Maybe it came glued to it :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Save starting a new thread

Got all my bits I gave to the painter back today : clocks surround, passenger air vent surround, radio front, aircon front, and surround that contains MFD and switches

He gave them to me as I arrived at work, and as needed to go out straight away, I rushed and fitted the aircon, and surround above it quickly in so as not to have too many parts sitting around. Came off the job I did and had an hour till next one so put radio back together, but just before putting it in place, I thought i'd check everything was working.

That's the problem - the aircon unit isn't lighting up - I can faintly see the numbers and symbols, as if the light bulbs have blown.
However had it back out, and tried a new bulb ( there are 7 in total on the unit ) but made no difference, plus the bulb I took out looked fine.

So the question is.......is there anything else that would effect the bulbs not lighting up on the unit?
Originally, I didn't unplug the unit, so isn't a case of not plugged back in right.
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406