tracker help needed any alarm fitters here

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

omega
3.0 24v

tracker help needed any alarm fitters here

Post by omega »

just bought a 406 d8 that im breaking [any one want anything just ask] and going through the paper work i got with it theres paper work sayin its got a tracker fitted.talked to the old owner and he never had it activated and does not know where it is.phoned up the company that fitted it and surprise surprise they wont give me any info mation.
so does anyone know where these things are fitted? and what do they look like? pm me if you want
if i can find it i want to get it fitted to another car.
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Re: tracker help needed any alarm fitters here

Post by HimBigChief »

Usual hiding place for alarms and immobiliser boxes and wiring is up behind the dash somewhere. If you're breaking it, just keep an eye out for anything that looks like it's been fitted in an aftermarket stylee. I've heard talk of tracker boxes being fitted behind rear seats and other places where unscrupulous thieves won't find them easily.

Also keep an eye out for a box with just black wires coming out as that is also sometimes a tell-tale giveaway of alarm/immobiliser gubbins.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: tracker help needed any alarm fitters here

Post by FarmerPug »

some trackers are just small black boxes with a rechargable battery that magnetically attach themselves to the car, take a look on ebay and you will see the generally compact size of these trackers