back seats wet???

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

406ian
1.6 8v

Re: back seats wet???

Post by 406ian »

i wanted to do it right the first time so i wouldnt have to do it again lol
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

the question is tho ..

Has it worked ? :P
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i used stixall on the back lights, now its good stuff, sticky and sealy but i dont know about your tigerseal if you want to remove the lights how nice a job will it be?
anyhow i notice a leak coming in my rear right door, and front left door, its the sealing sheets, im going to buy new ones, feck siliconing and cutting about, new ones should put an end to this. At the moment im keeping a heater in the car to keep it dry, i have clothes barricading each place, sacrificially getting wet for the sake of the carpet so the sooner this is done the better because i dont like the smell of damp ive prevented it so far thankfully.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

farmer when you remove the back door cards look on the bottom of the small quater glass...

you will see 2 small metal brackets that the door card clips onto.. they kinda go under the rubber seal under the glass

water was coming in on the clips on mine , they are metal and the same clip on both rear doors was rusty as hell .

so i snapped the rusty one off and put tigerseal under the rubber seal were it was getting in ..

PS -DO NOT TIGERSEAL YOUR REAR LIGHTS IN :shock: FIND A NEW LIGHT WITH A GOOD RUBBER SEAL ON..
IF YOU SEAL THE LIGHTS IN YOU WILL BE SORRY LATER ON IN LIFE :cry:

if you want permanent seals then get a tube of tigerseal mate. its fantasic stuff .

also done all 4 door seals behind the doorcards with this stuff. removed all carefully . it drys like rock hard rubber so always flexible
Last edited by Gary406 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

this is best picture i could get , my camera is shite ..

ian or any1 else this rubber gromit (huge) goes under the rear light cluster inside the rear quaters..
it has 1 wire running from inside the car to sumwere in the bumper (no idea what for)

DID THE HOSE PIPE TEST TODAY ON THE ROOF RUNNING OFF THE BACK OF THE CAR WITH MY HEAD INSIDE REAR QUATERS
WATER WAS COMING IN THROUGH THIS GROMIT ... BOTH SIDES

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

nope i just have dodgy sealing sheets, there was none on the front passenger side, and the rear one was ripped like mad.
You must be an expert now on every single place water can get in on a 406
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

:lol: :lol:
almost
flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

Post by flyin2wheeler »

strangley enough....i have noticed my back seat ever so slightly damp to the touch
but,i went out this morning to start the car,it had been snowing last night and in the front passenger footwell about a good inch of water
Wher i park it is on a steep down hill slope and the nose of the car is downhill so this water was built up right where the level of the floor starts to turn upward toward the bulk head.Im baffled as i cleaned the bulk head drains only last week,it has no water ingress issue in the boot,bone dry
beginning to think its a door foil on passenger front door but i still cant eplain wyh the rear seat feels slightly damp.
i wasnt happy this morning as last week i had the multiplug behind the throttle pedal issues and this week its water in footwell
it might get an 1/8th hole bored in the floor yet!