Door Membrane / seal

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

RichardFryer

Door Membrane / seal

Post by RichardFryer »

Upon invesitagating water ingress in my 2002 406 110 HDi estate I discovered that the door membrane/seal behind the door trim panel was completely missing.

Does anyone know the most cost effective way of obtaining a replacement & price, as a quick trawl of the web has n't turned up much.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Re: Door Membrane / seal

Post by waue1978 »

Honestly, the most cost effective way is to pay out for the genuine Peugeot item. You may get lucky & find one online at a sensible price, but people on here have tried cutting corners with DIY solutions & it just hasn't solved the problem until they paid out & got the proper item.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Post by DiscoPol »

Im pretty sure one of our members (FarmerPug I think) had to buy some new ones for his chariot and mentioned something around the 30 quid mark, genuine pug but possibly from ebay, have a trawl of his threads (there are a few though :roll: ) and you should find the one about it.

Disco
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

farmerpug recalls making his own once and they were shite, you really are better forking out the money for proper ones £30 a pop (FOR FECKING WASTE MATERIAL :evil: ) a bit of a pain but it stops your car being damp and smelling like an old caravan.

but the problem ive found with them is they have been in storage a long time so the sticky bit on them isnt much good, even after applying them with a hairdryer to warm up the gluey bit but it only stuck a bit, so i had to use tigerseal to keep them in place.

a bit annoyed with the price i kept 3 off a car i broke and actually put one onto my own, its very fiddly getting them off but even so you dont pay as much.