How to fold seats down

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMightyPrawn

How to fold seats down

Post by TheMightyPrawn »

Hi All, sorry for the stupid question, but I have just inherited a Peugeot 406 LX HDI 110 which *looks* like it has split/folding rear seats. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out whether they do and how to drop them if they do. I can't find any catch or lever and internet searches have drawn a blank - any help gratefully received!
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: How to fold seats down

Post by Gary406 »

hi there and welcome to the forum

i take it that its a saloon car ? if "yes" then simply open the boot fully. look under the rear shelf were you will find 2 handles at each side.

simply pull the handles outwards and bobs your uncle . the seats will unclip
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

here is a small picture for you. the handles are the red lines :mrgreen: open the boot you cant miss them

TheMightyPrawn

Post by TheMightyPrawn »

Thanks Gary, and for the very swift reply. Yes, it's a saloon. I looked in the boot and didn't even see those handles. :oops: I will be attempting again tonight - thanks again.
TheMightyPrawn

Post by TheMightyPrawn »

Well that couldn't have been easier and don't I feel quite the fool! That said, I've only had the car for 2 weeks. My father-in-law had it for over 5 years and had no idea they dropped down. Thanks again Gary.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

no probs. i once changed a full interior and carpets in a D9 ... and i also didnt have a clue were them handles were because ive only ever dealt with D8s 8)

anyway glad your sorted mate 8)