2003 estate carpet

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

cliffk
2.0 16v

2003 estate carpet

Post by cliffk »

Has anyone replaced the floor carpet mine is very worn where the left foot sits, if so how much of a job is it and are good aftermarket carpet sets available?
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: 2003 estate carpet

Post by lozz »

About hour and half mate,

you wouid have to remove the seats , centre console, & side trims,
not a big task, but one you wouid have to take your time on,

carpet, id grab one out of a Breaker, that looks tidy and get a Vax carpet cleaner on it,

Car Mats, iget tescos ones, there agood fit and good quality,
cliffk
2.0 16v

Post by cliffk »

Thanks lozz will check it out I assume I would have to go through the battery dissconnect proceedure as I will have to remove the seats etc
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

As a matter of safety Yes,

ive took the seats out of a 406 with battery on tho, didnt have anyproblems,
altho its not Recomended,
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Don't get a Mickey Mouse carpet, they're rubbish.

If the wear is only in the front then Shirley all you need to replace is the front :?

Carpets are the same, saloon & estate. The front might be the same in the coupé but they're all listed as a complete assembly (front & back) under one part number so I have no way of finding out.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Car mats can be bought from these guys:

http://www.carmats4u.com - they provide very good quality mats, and are made to measure your model of car. Just go on there, tell them what style of mat you want (they have them in different thicknesses, different materials, different colours, and can be ordered with logos on them), and choose which make & model of car you have. Simple.

They have high-friction backings, and also come with the right fixings so that the drivers' mat *will not* move around. I had a scare once where a supermarket-bought mat I had in my old Clio decided to venture under the brake pedal while I was driving, and I couldn't stop the car until I'd dragged the mat out from under the pedal - so any mats you buy, make sure you can fix the drivers' footwell mat down.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
cliffk
2.0 16v

Post by cliffk »

Thanks for the replies the car mats look good but its the factory fitted carpet I need to replace, I didnt realise its in 2 pieces front and back its only rhe front I need to replace so will look out for one
cliffk
2.0 16v

Post by cliffk »

Found a replacement front carpet section How do i get the side (cill) trims off please