d8 elec seats to early d9

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bezbear
1.8 8v

d8 elec seats to early d9

Post by bezbear »

hi can anyone tell me if seats i got out of p plate d8 will plug and play into my w plate or will i have problems with air bag stuff
:? thanks in advance for any advice. oops forgot to say their leather heated electric with memory also do i have to disconnect battery or will it be ok
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Re: d8 elec seats to early d9

Post by midsdaz »

I put d9 in a d8 and I'm sure there is a topic on here say u can the wiring looks pretty much the same but the d9 come with side airbags well mine did so ent sure bout that part as I never wired mine in
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

If your original seats have side air bags ,you might have problems there,

perhaps youd have to remove the side airbags from the original seats and place them somewhere on the replacement seats,

some people are using the 20p Maplin's Resistors to fool air bags, :roll:
bezbear
1.8 8v

Post by bezbear »

turns out it doesnt matter i dont have any wiring for the electrics except my airbag and seatbelt so wont be fitting thanks anyway :(
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

The wiring is easy well say easy I ent to sure in the memory and heated seats but just to have ur seat to move is simple gary406 done a post when he changed his seats
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
bezbear
1.8 8v

Post by bezbear »

never mind ive given up because i got none of the wiring in my car :( so there off to fleabay for someone else to enjoy and make me jealous. i just dont have brain to sort them out :oops: thanks to everyone for your help
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Why didnt you ask Gary 406 or one of the others.,
they wouid of guided you on wiring them up,

plenty have done it withought much trouble or expense, :roll:
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

bezbear wrote:never mind ive given up because i got none of the wiring in my car :( so there off to fleabay for someone else to enjoy and make me jealous. i just dont have brain to sort them out :oops: thanks to everyone for your help
Would I be right in guessing that you have a 2000 model D9 then? My 2000/X isn't pre-wired for anything either. I did have a live feed run through to fit electric SE seats, but when a set from an SRi turned up I grabbed them as it saved having untidy extra wiring floating about. Also saved worrying about the airbags in the seats as the half leather SRi ones have them fitted. Keep an eye on Ebay for any D9 SRis being broken & grab a set. They don't come up often, but they can be found with a bit of determination. Don't bank on them being too cheap though unless you get lucky - I sold a saloon set on Ebay last year & they hit well over £200 & the winning bidder paid to have them shipped to Malta!
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

bezbear
1.8 8v

Post by bezbear »

just to let everyone know i have now sucessfuly fitted seats into my d9 very happy and i even worked easy way to sort out backs on rear seats, simply cut original retaining bracket from d8 and bolted into place, slots already there,took out my release catches and they went straight in perfect :)