Rear D8 seats into D9

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

JD406
2.0 16v

Rear D8 seats into D9

Post by JD406 »

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked befor but how do I fit the back rest section of the rear seats from a D8 into an 02 D9. I'm sure someone mentioned you had to swap the frames over or something but I can't find it. Also if people have pics on how its done that would help a lot

Cheers
JD
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car...is your story. So don't let someone else write the book." - Moog
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Re: Rear D8 seats into D9

Post by midsdaz »

It's easy mate the bk off seat the metal frame has to be swapped u need a decent flat head screw driver and some patient one slip and ull rip it around the enge of the frame the trim has a plastic bit that clips in the the frame if u pop all that out this will free the trim I changed the foam as well witch becomes a bit
More if a pain in the ass on the seems of the seat will be clipped to the foam by little metal circled clips long nose pliers maybe 2 pairs see how u get on just open each one so it unhooks off the bar witch is inserted in to the foam once u have taken one apart u will know what ur doing it sounds like a nightmare just take ur time and ull fly it I done it with no pics and common scence just make sure u do the seat u don't want to keep
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

midsdaz wrote:It's easy mate the bk off seat the metal frame has to be swapped u need a decent flat head screw driver and some patient one slip and ull rip it around the enge of the frame the trim has a plastic bit that clips in the the frame if u pop all that out this will free the trim I changed the foam as well witch becomes a bit
More if a pain in the ass on the seems of the seat will be clipped to the foam by little metal circled clips long nose pliers maybe 2 pairs see how u get on just open each one so it unhooks off the bar witch is inserted in to the foam once u have taken one apart u will know what ur doing it sounds like a nightmare just take ur time and ull fly it I done it with no pics and common scence just make sure u do the seat u don't want to keep
The only other problem going d8 to d9 is the will have to holes in ur seat coz of the locking mechanism d9 d8 u won't get this coz u have to make the holes but u could always make a plastic cap that covers it
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
bezbear
1.8 8v

Post by bezbear »

easiest way i found for d8 to d9 is cut retaining bracket out of original d8 and bolt into d9 the holes for the brackets are already there,then take out d9 release catches and use the d8 seat catches out of d8 as normal :)
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I suppose that would be the quickest route but I put d9 to d8 so had to put middle headrest etc