Heated electric memory seats

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

JD406
2.0 16v

Heated electric memory seats

Post by JD406 »

Hi

I'm having some trouble figuring out what wires are what on my seats. The seats are from a d8. 1hat plugs do what? Also I have the wires but they've been cut :(
Attachments
These are the cut wires
These are the cut wires
This is the connectors that fit into the plugs under the seat.
This is the connectors that fit into the plugs under the seat.
Which plug does what??
Which plug does what??
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car...is your story. So don't let someone else write the book." - Moog
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Re: Heated electric memory seats

Post by midsdaz »

The brown is ur live and earth the orange one is air bag not sure bout the others
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
JD406
2.0 16v

Post by JD406 »

Does anyone know how i would get the heated parts of the seats to work?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car...is your story. So don't let someone else write the book." - Moog
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

weres the ecu ?

i honestly wouldnt bother with heated function. i know many people with heated leather and they NEVER use them... thats why i didnt bother when i fitted leather to my d8 ...
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I've retro fitted the heated feature to my leather seats, but i've yet to use them

Don't think I could help you with the wires without pulling my seats out to check the wiring i'm afraid :|
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
JD406
2.0 16v

Post by JD406 »

I will leave the heated part of the seats for now but how do I get power to the driver side just need to know what color wires for power and earth thanks ??
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I miss the heaters in the Toyotter (as well as many other things :roll: ) because it's nice on my bad back. It's also supposed to make up for the leather being freezing cold in the winter...

The heaters just need 12 volts, however you get it there - original switching and wiring would be best but it's not necessary. You'll probably have to add the micro relay under the BSI (although I don't know the age of your car so it might be different for a semi-mux car)
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Only one of my two heated seats works. The passenger one, naturally. The Wifely Person loves it.

I don't know how much it would cost to get someone to fix the drivers' seat heater function, but I still need to buy brake discs and a set of 8mm hubcentric spacers, so niceties like that will just have to wait.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
midsmike
3.0 24v

Post by midsmike »

the heaters make the leather crack so ur better of with out them
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I've read that too but I was running the heater almost constantly until I started driving the tractor and I can't say the driver's seat dried out any quicker than any of the others :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
JD406
2.0 16v

Post by JD406 »

Right. Ive figured out that the big orange connector is the motors for the movement of the seat. For example if i connect a live feed to a blue wire and an earth to the white the seat moves back. If I swap earth and live the seat goes forward. I have bunched the wires together so i have 2 for back and forward, two for back rest, two for tild back and two for height. The problem I have is that i cant seem to figure out how to wire it up as when the earth and live touch two wires eg seat movement the seat will go back until it cant no more. This means i cant use the controls to move the seat. Am i connecting the live in the wrong place ? What am i doing wrong, please help as this is my third day trying to get this to work :x
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

you will stuggle to find help on this topic here . no1 has done this before ...
this is reason i didnt wire heated up..

i had an ECU for seats that was just a case of a few cables to battery and a few to earth. then it was a case of plugging the plugs into the seats and it all worked, plug and play easy.

i sold that to plod because i wired my seats up without an ecu but havnt got the heated function.

i think you would be better buying a new ECU unit thats plug and play . you could be there for weeks with all those wires :? :?
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
JD406
2.0 16v

Post by JD406 »

Hi

Its the movement of the seat I'm trying to get to work not the heated bit. Will I need the ecu and wires for this or could it be done without?
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Best way is the way Gary did it and that's to buy a second hand seat switch from a GLX
Means you can do away with the ECU and associated wires
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406