glovebox wont close properly since removing it all to change

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

jason1987
3.0 24v

glovebox wont close properly since removing it all to change

Post by jason1987 »

heater matrix,

i had to bend off a couple of screws which are in impossible places so they cant be put back on, did anyone manage to get there gloveback back to normal after?
robb
2.0 Turbo

Re: glovebox wont close properly since removing it all to ch

Post by robb »

When I had my glove box out I put it back without the awkward screws had a problem with the latches I took both off fitted one making sure it latched then the other problem solved it did take some patience but sorted it
1997 406 2.0 petrol estate lx..D8.............OH dear where does this nut go?
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The lock on mine rattles and vibrates as I'm driving along and OH MY GOD does it drive me NUTS. I know it's the lock because if I press my finger against it, it stops.

Temporary solution is to crank up the stereo 8) but how do I fix that one long-term?
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
robb
2.0 Turbo

Post by robb »

highlander wrote:The lock on mine rattles and vibrates as I'm driving along and OH MY GOD does it drive me NUTS. I know it's the lock because if I press my finger against it, it stops.

Temporary solution is to crank up the stereo 8) but how do I fix that one long-term?
Smartie tube :lol:
1997 406 2.0 petrol estate lx..D8.............OH dear where does this nut go?
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

I should add that I don't want to appear on http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/ either :lol:
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.