Front Splitter

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Front Splitter

Post by FarmerPug »

I had a go at adding the front splitter i got from the 406 graveyard the other day, i was surprised to find one especially since the car it was on had been in a front accident, the only problem with the splitter was a hole on one side where someone had tried to hold it to the car with a cable tie.
It clicks straight into place, although i had to use JB weld earlier to fix some of the bottom bumper clips, they had snapped but were still all there, i also used small screws aswell as instructed by the man who i got it off.
and some of the screws holding it in place:

I thought the splitters were made of some hard plastic, but they are more or less a rubber flap is there any sort of glue that could be used to fill the hole?
midsmike
3.0 24v

Re: Front Splitter

Post by midsmike »

U should of got a laguna splitter they look better
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I have seen a laguna splitter on a D8 and it did look very good indeed, but up close i think they might not fit the 406 just right, and one wouldn't last too long out on these country roads. At least this gets rid of the bare clips look that was there before.
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I put one on my d8 and it fitted good I'll put a pic up tommrrow to show u
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

any pictures of the laguna splitter?
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I ent had five
Mins to get on the comp and upload pics I use my
iPhone for all the forums and stuff and can't upload pics on this but pm u mobile number I'll send u a picture MSG
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

don't worry i remember seeing gary406 or was it hmbigchef had a splitter on the front of their d8. The picture messages are a bit too pricey for that.
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I'll put one up in the week anyway got some pics
Of my d8 to put on anyway
ZilogJones
2.0 16v

Post by ZilogJones »

What is this thing supposed to do anyway? Didn't realise there was supposed to be something there until after I bought my 406...
2002 2.0 HDi 90 Rapier saloon (for sale)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

ZilogJones wrote:What is this thing supposed to do anyway? Didn't realise there was supposed to be something there until after I bought my 406...
I don't think it does anything, the name suggests some sort of aerodynamic aid, but unlike the laguna one the original splitter is just a slab of rubber, i think though it might be there to work in conjunction with the rubber flap on the under engine tray.
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

laguna front splitter on my old d8 witch will be on the new soon
laguna front splitter on my old d8 witch will be on the new soon
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

is that a mk2 Lag splitter, ?
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

yh but with out the vents on the side
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

cheers mate, ithought it was,

the mk1 splitter as got the vents

they are 80 quidish from renault :shock:
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

i payed £10 for that from a scrap yard the vented ones i think dont look that good the only thing is its slighly long so have to cut it down