Water in rear footwell

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

JIMBOB326
1.8 8v

Water in rear footwell

Post by JIMBOB326 »

Went into the back of my car today and noticed a small damp patch on the carpet quite near to the door. It had been pooring down heavily so not really sure if one of the seals is knackered or what? Is this a common problem on these?
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Water in rear footwell

Post by lozz »

Tbh.ive only seen the boot seals fail on the saloon,
iwouidnt say its comonproblem for the door ones to leak,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

the door seals don't leak but the sealing sheets in the doors do, make sure the doors drain holes are clear at the bottom and the sealing sheets behind the door card are sealed if not use some tiger seal to hold them on better.
JIMBOB326
1.8 8v

Post by JIMBOB326 »

Took the door card off today and lo and behold, the door lining sheet is pretty much sellotaped down and is torn to bits. Do you know of anywhere i can get another one. Oh, and where would i get this tiger seal from? Thanks.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

last time iasked the dealers the prices of them they was something like 18 quid each might of been more after V.A.T
iended up using laminate flooring underlay, on the d9 ihad it did the job,

Tigerseal , you can get at most car shops, ithink halfaurds sell it too,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Laminate sheeting sounds like the biz especially as it would offer better sound deadening than the standard sheet, i can't mind whether the back door needs an indent for the yellow block of foam though?
The new ones are all new old stock so their glue is all brittle and not much use, which makes the price a bit hard to bear, if you get a gasket scraper/wallpaper scraper, and a hairdryer with a bit of time its possible to carefully remove one from a car at a breakers yard, as long as they havent already ripped it clean out to get the motor behind it.
craigtd
2.0 16v

Post by craigtd »

might sound daft but go to your local garden centre and buy 1 meter of thin pond linner as this is very flexable and will seal great with tigger seal :P