Removing the rearviewmirror

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Removing the rearviewmirror

Post by OdinEidolon »

My automatic rearviewmirror stopped working. I'm going to fix it since I guess there shouldn't be much wrong with it.

How can I remove the mirror? I want to remove the mirror assembly only, not the whole casing attached to the windscreen because I do not want dust to get near the rain sensor, and while fixing I do not want the hassle of the casing hindering the repair. How easy is to disassemble the mirror assembly? I know I could get one from Ade but it's not cheap, while a light sensor is. (I do not think the obscurating LCD single pixel's proken)
Is this possible?

See pics on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11784
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
8Jb9
2.0 16v

Re: Removing the rearviewmirror

Post by 8Jb9 »

The pictures in that thread pretty much sums it up for you: Push the mirror assembly parallel to the windscreen towards the cars front. It'll click off, and give you access to the mirror power plug (the blue one) so you can remove the whole mirror. There is no need to remove the rain sensor box - which it appears even has a small gasket around it, so no need to worry about dust. This is unlike the whole mirror assembly box, which does not have a gasket, and thus already allows dust in.

I haven't seen any guides on opening the mirror itself, though - in case you think the problem lies with the control electronics.

From your link:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: Removing the rearviewmirror

Post by OdinEidolon »

Mh, thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can do to fix it. If I find anything interesting I'll let you know.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com