Digital clock

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

dgt
1.8 16v

Digital clock

Post by dgt »

Is it possible to retrofit the digital clock? I can't find any plug in the car for it... I have the display for the temp to fit with it too!

Just like this one

midsdaz
3.0 24v

Re: Digital clock

Post by midsdaz »

D8 or d9 ?
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Whats in its place at the moment is there a hazard light switch if so its a D9
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

Apologies, it's a D8 :)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Does it not have a clock there at the moment?
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

FarmerPug wrote:Does it not have a clock there at the moment?
No it has a blank cover where the clock should be :(
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

On the d8 i think the clock was just supplied a 12v feed i.e. positive and negative so if you got a second hand clock get one with the plug still attached and a bit of wire then its only a case of wiring it up to some power, i got this from service box:
unfortunately it doesn't show the plugs going to the back of the clock, are you also looking to add in a temperature display aswell?
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

There should be a plug attched to the back of the blank. I also did this mod on my D8 :lol:
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
Busman
3.0 24v

Post by Busman »

So they supplied these without a clock? Blimey! :shock:
1999 HDI 110 GLX Estate Sold On at 230,000 miles to the lucky John
2003 HDI 110 Rapier Estate
1998 D8 1.9XUD Estate LX 7 seater Estate sold, with regret
1999 306 1.8 petrol.
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I retro fitted
My old d8 with mfd etc but mine already had the plugs the only thing I didn't do is the temp sensor to mirror but wiring was there for it
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

There's the problem, this has no plug from what I can see! There is a plug for the mfd mind you and it does power it (I got that too :cheesy: ) could I use a feed from it?

I have the mirrors with temp sensor to put in someday and I haven't the wiring to go with it, I'm going to have some fun wiring it all up!
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Just go scrappy and cut a plug and some wire or the clock and see if u can get a live feed to it the only problem u might have is the light on it
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Post by gumby6371 »

Out of curiosity what trim level is your D8? L?

I'm amazed they made a model with no clock, I'd also be checking the wiring hasn't just fallen back inside the dash. Can't imagine it would be ecenomical for pug to make a loom with no clock wiring as there can't have been many made without it.
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

midsdaz wrote:Just go scrappy and cut a plug and some wire or the clock and see if u can get a live feed to it the only problem u might have is the light on it
I took it with the car I took it off :)
gumby6371 wrote:Out of curiosity what trim level is your D8? L?

I'm amazed they made a model with no clock, I'd also be checking the wiring hasn't just fallen back inside the dash. Can't imagine it would be ecenomical for pug to make a loom with no clock wiring as there can't have been many made without it.
It's down on the book as an SLDT, so I'm guessing the bog standard model below the L spec. Over here we get the most basic models of cars, nothing fancy! :(

That's what I'm thinking, what is the plug attached to? Is it part of the clocks loom? would it be near the steering column? There was a nice recess in the blank cover for a plug that wasn't there (it was there on the climate plug for the display though) :?
Nightshade
1.8 16v

Post by Nightshade »

Excuse the slight hijack, but does your D8 have a huge analog clock where the rev counter should be instead of a digital one? I only ask as mine does and I was considering adding in the digital and swapping the clocks for one with a rev counter. I haven't read up fully but I gather it's a pita. Is this the case with yours?
1.9 XUD, 97 estate