Digital clock

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

dgt
1.8 16v

Re: Digital clock

Post by dgt »

Nightshade wrote:Excuse the slight hijack, but does your D8 have a huge analog clock where the rev counter should be instead of a digital one? I only ask as mine does and I was considering adding in the digital and swapping the clocks for one with a rev counter. I haven't read up fully but I gather it's a pita. Is this the case with yours?
No worries!

It sure did, big analogue clock with no rev counter. Just fuel indicator, temp, speed and that clock. Most of which didn't work right...

I changed it for a set of clocks with a rev counter and an oil level indicator :)

I have another thread on a spot of bother I had with those clocks reading slow, I got it sorted though :)
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

Finally mystery solved :)

The plug was tied to the ignition wires :shock:

But I now have a working clock. Plug and play! Getting the plug up there was tricky but had it done in a few minutes :)

Thanks to everyone for the input :cheesy:
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Post by gumby6371 »

Glad to hear you sorted it mate, can you tell me if the oil level indicator and rev counter worked straight off or did you need to modify anything?

I was considering fitting some clocks with an oil level indicator if I spot some nice ones.
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

gumby6371 wrote:Glad to hear you sorted it mate, can you tell me if the oil level indicator and rev counter worked straight off or did you need to modify anything?

I was considering fitting some clocks with an oil level indicator if I spot some nice ones.
Howdy! Apologies for the late reply :oops:

I put it straight in, plug and play :)

There was a small issue of a burned track but I got that sorted
Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

dgt wrote:Finally mystery solved :)

But I now have a working clock. Plug and play! Getting the plug up there was tricky but had it done in a few minutes :)

Only issue i had was the clock bulb holder for said bulb was brittle and broke , pain in the ass , but having got rid of the car , its not a problem for me now as my 2.1 is ok on that score and led much better for illumination
Replacement !
1998 2.1 TD LX Estate Red 196,000 TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE "Alice " 200 k just hit yesterday 17/2/2012 not bio yet , smooth box , lovely runner

1997 1.9 TD GLX Estate Black XUD9TE " Norma " now sold
Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

Only issue i had was the clock bulb holder for said bulb was brittle and broke , pain in the ass , but having got rid of the car , its not a problem for me now as my 2.1 is ok on that score and led much better for illumination
Replacement !
1998 2.1 TD LX Estate Red 196,000 TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE "Alice " 200 k just hit yesterday 17/2/2012 not bio yet , smooth box , lovely runner

Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

Replacement !

Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

dgt wrote:
FarmerPug wrote:Does it not have a clock there at the moment?
No it has a blank cover where the clock should be :(

be aware the bulb holder is probaly brittle as hell
Replacement !