Electric seat transplant

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Electric seat transplant

Post by RobTurbo »

I've just finished putting D8 full leathers in my D9, I haven't sorted the catches for the rear seats yet, I'm going to make something to fit the D8 catch rather than swap the backs over.

Now for the memory ecu, for the time being I've left the wires all over the place and just connected + and - to get the seat in, the wiring is already there for normal, non memory seats, so the passenger seat went straight in. I know the memory won't work unless memory mirrors are connected, but could the ecu not be "tricked" into thinking they are there, just like I had to do to get the airbag light out after fitting the seats with no side airbags, by putting resistors in their place?

You would need to know which wires are supposed to go together and what the resistance is.

TBH I don't need the memory function, I'm the only person that drives my car, if someone else drives it how hard is it to put the seat back to how I had it? So if I toast the ecu while trying to get it working I'm not bothered, I'll just rewire it to work without the ecu, but I like tinkering with things so fancy giving it a go.

If anyone can help with which wires might need connecting to get it working it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Re: Electric seat transplant

Post by RobTurbo »

Well this idea came to an end early, while following wires I found the memory button wires have been rubbing on something and were stripped, a quick look inside the ecu revealed some damage, most likely due to the shorted wires for the memory buttons, the seat still moves when powered through the ecu so it must be part of the memory or mirror control that's damaged.

Looks like I'll be doing a rewire to work without the ecu, I'm not buying another one, they're too expensive just to play with!
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

I fitted D8 electric leathers to my D8 without the ECU (bypassed it), so I've got a spare ECU with some amount of attached loom.

I can't guarantee it's working, but I was told it was by the breaker I got the seats from.

If you'd like to make me an offer for it, feel free :) I want rid of it as it's just taking up space.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

I've just sourced a cheap seat ecu so will be having a go at this after all! I've sorted the stripped wires to the memory buttons, just need to tackle the rest of the wiring!

I don't suppose anyone has a wiring diagram for the seat ecu? There's nothing like that on autodata.