Rear electric window help!

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

dgt
1.8 16v

Rear electric window help!

Post by dgt »

Hi all :D

Just recently transplanted rear elec windows and regs into my car, which had wind up windows. Transported the door looms, buttons (both rear windows and the cut power to the rears button etc), but the windows won't work! :cry:

I noticed my door lock has 5 pins while the plug on the GLX uses a 9 pin and a completely different head... Could that be the problem, I need the GLX lock? Lock is broken anyway! :evil:

Is there a relay you need to put in for them? Or a fuse?

Thanks for any help :cheesy:
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Re: Rear electric window help!

Post by gumby6371 »

Did you transplant all 4 window switches and if so does the rear window lock light go on and off when you press the button? It could be stuck in the locked position.

That's as far as my electrical knowledge goes
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

gumby6371 wrote:Did you transplant all 4 window switches and if so does the rear window lock light go on and off when you press the button? It could be stuck in the locked position.

That's as far as my electrical knowledge goes
Yep, all window regs, looms and switches transplanted :cheesy:

The window lock button works, press it down and it goes orange, press it again and it goes off...

Is there a relay I missed putting in? I'm so close to getting these working!

Or do I have to change the loom going into the car....? :cry:
midsmike
3.0 24v

Post by midsmike »

Is it a d9 or d8 and if the loom ent in the car for the rear windows don't worry it wouldn't b a hard job wiring them up I've put d9 door cards in my d8 and got everythink to work
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

It's a D8 :) A very bog spec one when I got it first if I may add... It didn't even come with a digital clock!!! :shock: Would the looms in the car be different to a GLX?

Could I just bring power to the motors from a separate feed with a fuse?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Sorry, what's a GLX? Is that with deadlocks? If so, D8 or D9?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
dgt
1.8 16v

Post by dgt »

steve_earwig wrote:Sorry, what's a GLX? Is that with deadlocks? If so, D8 or D9?
Sorry should be more specific! GLX is the trim level I got the interior from. I think it has deadlocks, the plugs are different...