Help with bulb staying on

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

midsdaz
3.0 24v

Help with bulb staying on

Post by midsdaz »

Right then I've decided to change the colour of my mfd screen got some
Led bulbs off flea bay change the backing of the screen to a bit of frosted plastic and sorted but one problem the fecking bulbs won't turn off and I have tryed turning them around puttin them in upside down my heads shot anyone else come across this probelm or no what I have done wrong ????
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Help with bulb staying on

Post by lozz »

Hi,

You Might need some Leds with Resistors,
if there staying lit, id guess upon them Drawing to much power,

iput some in a Mpv once and had the Sameproblem ,

\idont think youve done Anything wrong itl be down to the b'ulbs,
contact the Seller on Ebay, theyl know the Score with them,if there A regualar led bulb seller, thats what id do anyway,
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Well I've
Took one apart and they have already got a resister on them but yh I'll contact the seller see if they can suggest something cheers
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

idont know what it is with leds tbh,
but some can be iffy, see what the ebay chaps says,

igave up with led bulbs in the Dash clocks for this reason,
iuse bulb paint igot from halfords
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Is that bulb paint any good ? Using the paint don't u find it dulls it down as well? The only other thing with the LEDs they are bigger so I've had to cut some of the surround at the back so bulbs fit better
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive never had a problem with the bulb paint,

ijust put 2 coats on and it give out a nice ice blue glow, its not too dazling on the eyes either,

it dont come of its permanant,
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I might have a go out that instead