Heated memory seats into just electric seated car

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Floodys
2.0 16v

Heated memory seats into just electric seated car

Post by Floodys »

I have been looking for advice on leather electric seats into 406 and i think you may be able to help?
I have a 01 D9 GLX with electric seats, (cloth) they are not heated/memory. I have just brought a 99 D9 executive with leather heated and memory, i had a brief look today at fitting them but my cloth seats just have a live feed and are controlled all on the seat, the leather has a different multi plug (orange i think) i guess this is part of the heated and memory feature! As much as id like the memory feature and heated bit im not fussed! As long as i have the electric seat function then im happy! Any ideas if i can use my wires from car to the mulit plug or maybe cut the "loom" from the donor car? Or is there a plug and play kit i can get etc?
I had a quick look and think i have the plugs for the heated seats under my center console/bit by handbrake? Im guessing if i connect these to the heated switches i have taken from the donor car its a a start to getting them to work?
Any help would be appreciated! If your not sure on that lot above then sorry to waste your time!

P.s i have the complete car and its going to be scrapped once i get all i want so chopping loom etc is no worry!
406 '01 110 GTX estate in white, the new tow car.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Heated memory seats into just electric seated car

Post by Doggy »

It's definitely been done, (w/out memory), lots of times - tried a search?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Floodys
2.0 16v

Post by Floodys »

Tried a search but search functions not that good because it only picks up on whats in the title! So if i put say my title as above it wont find anything! If it was something like "clutch change on a 406" it would find lots of thread starters! But something like "has anyone put heated and memory seats into a just electric seated 406" it comes up with nothing! :cry: just thought someone that may have done it could link me to there thread! I think plod has done it but no response from him on a PM yet, also think waue did it but dont think he vist's anymore as he sold his 406. I'll get it sorted at some point!
Have you done it doggy?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I'm confused, your car has electric seats but you want to put electric seats in it :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Floodys
2.0 16v

Post by Floodys »

As per the first post, I have electric NON HEATED/NON MEMORY seats, I now have HEATED/MEMORY SEATS to fit but the wirring is different, just wondered how to wire them in, if need be just the electric side and not the heated/memory part! But if easy ill do it!
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Ah, I see :cheesy: It depends how far you want to go with it, as far as I know the memory won't work unless you include the mirrors and relevant wiring. If you're not interested in the memory then you can include the ecu with or without parts of the loom or you could wire the motors straight to the switches like wot I dun - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16316&p=160120&hil ... pg#p160120 & viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17504&p=172796&hili ... pg#p172796

You'll also need to either provide an earth to the back of the switches or use the switches from your non-memory driver's seat. Or you could swap the motors and switches from your original driver's seat to the new one and not have to bother with anything.

If you have the plugs for the heated seats switches all you need are the switches themselves & the micro relay from under the BSI.

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

I was going to do this on mine, I started working through the loom to find which wires went to each part of the mirrors, then I was going to try to trick the ecu into thinking the mirrors were there (if the mirrors are missing the memory function doesn't work), but the ecu I had was toasted, when I found a cheap replacement I had a quick play around with it then got bored and just rewired the plugs/switches to work without the ecu.

I still haven't fitted the switch and modified wiring (I have plugged it in to try and it works fine) because I'm repairing a tear in the seat around where the switch goes, so if you need any photos or details just let me know.
boombang
1.8 16v

Post by boombang »

Might be easier to swap the seat covers over.

Can't remember how they are fixed from when took the drivers seat out, but every other Peugeot I have had was combination of staples, zips and pull cords with knots in.
boombang
1.8 16v

Post by boombang »

Let me know if you want a hand doing it (trying to buy bargaining points for help with my Saxo gearbox swap!).
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

You just need to take the drivers switch from your existing seats, and fit to the leather seats.

Passenger seat is just a live feed and an earth for both types of seats
Drivers on a cloth electric seat is the same as a passenger one
Drivers on a leather seat has a seat ecu under the drivers seat, and feeds to the wings mirrors for positioning.

I think if you just swap the wiring in the base over from the cloth, which isn't a very big deal, then just plug it in and job done 8)

Sorry for not replying earlier :oops:
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
nutski
2.0 Turbo

Post by nutski »

Plod is spot on, i did the same in my GTX to put in heated leather from an Executive, all you then need it to wire up the heater elements to the buttons etc.
1997 2.1 TD Exec (Sold)
1997 3.0 V6 Coupe S (Sold)
2001 406 HDi 110 GTX (Sold)
2002 406 Coupe HDi SE (RIP)
2003 406 Estate HDi 2.2 SE (Sold)
2003 406 Coupe HDi SE (To be sold)
2001 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE
2003 406 2.2 HDi SE
Floodys
2.0 16v

Post by Floodys »

Thanks for all the advice! Ill take a look tomorrow when im back at the donor car at my parents! Boombang, i wont go to the lengths of changing seat covers over! But ill help you do box no worries!
I think when i had a quick look under the coin/heated switchs the plugs were there but no extra wires on seat end if you like? But TBH im not sure what all the existing wires do apart from feed for power for electric seats, pre tensioners and i think airbag? Ill take a look at wire colours etc tomorrow and go from there!
When you say take existing switch and swap over, is the switch under the coloured part of it i.e existing colour is grey and leather one is matching cream colour!
nutski
2.0 Turbo

Post by nutski »

The switches pop off and so does the plastic cover so you can swap them.
When you take the Switch cable from the current driver seat just look where and how it fits and relocate it to the donor seat, it makes perfect sense once you look at it, I can't describe it too well as its been a few years!
1997 2.1 TD Exec (Sold)
1997 3.0 V6 Coupe S (Sold)
2001 406 HDi 110 GTX (Sold)
2002 406 Coupe HDi SE (RIP)
2003 406 Estate HDi 2.2 SE (Sold)
2003 406 Coupe HDi SE (To be sold)
2001 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE
2003 406 2.2 HDi SE
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I didn't realise the switches were different colours, I just haven't seen that many :oops: Still, if you pull the switches off you'll be able to see where the extra wire goes on the memory seat one.

If you have the connectors for the heater switches I can't imagine then not being on the seats, they're probably connected to dummies - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16316&p=160120&hil ... pg#p160120