Air con smell

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Air con smell

Post by FarmerPug »

I snipped off the plug and used terminal blocks to make the connection after syncing the motor back into position, cleared an open circuit fault code pp2000 said about "air recycling engine" turned the engine on and the thing works fine moving back and fourth without a problem.

Perhaps the mechanism got jammed or out of calibration, or the plug was dirty im not sure but its working, and smells much fresher, i also took out the blower motor, and stuck in one of those adhesive neutradol air frehners, the car smells very nice now :cheesy:

As for the glovebox, its not too hard to remove, most of the screws are very easy to get to just the last one you need to reach your hand in round the back of the dash with a 1/4 ratchet with torx bit on the end.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Yeah, mine worked for a while too, I suspect the motor just puts too much force into it while it's setting itself and it either shears or strips the gears.

My glovebox is on the other side of the car to yours... That last screw sounds similar but I can only get to it by forcing my hand through the metalwork via the hole at the end of the dash holding a 1/4" drive ratchet. There isn't enough room to put any force on it, in fact there's hardly enough room for both the ratchet and my hand at the same time. Once it's on the screw I can only work it with my fingertips so it keeps slipping off and usually falls down the back of the dash. And all the edges there are razor sharp. I could get to it the other way if I had 2 wrists on my right hand. Now if the screw was put in from the other side it would be a doddle, but I guess that would've been too easy. Pfft, who needs recirc anyway? :(
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

It sounds the same as the right hand drive setup then, initially i tried to get my hand through the hole on the end of the dash, but there is more room if you take off the footwell carpet/bit of carpet below the blower motor, then you can get you hand in, although its still ackward and my hand usually gets cramp very quick trying to operate a ratchet in such an ackward space, how they did this in the factory i have no idea
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Got into the car this morning and the motor isnt moving again, will plug in the pp2000 to see if its saying anything

Either the motor is old and pulling too much current thus making the system think it shouldnt move or there is a problem with the controller whereever its located