Leather interior in a D9

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

Ok guys quick update

got a set off flea bay at the weekend from a 51 plate Exec, not too bad i thought for £185- did need a clean but you get what you pay for!
So reading the previous posts it seems we're unaminous that there are no pre-installed plugs for the front seat electrics?? thats a bit of a downer but there you go.
Anyone got a basic wiring diagram of how to rig it all up?

Cheers

(BTW- nice black cloth Rapier interior now for sale from a genuine 80,000 mile 2000 car let me know if anyone fancies them before i put them on flea bay!!)
Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

Yeah I was watching those. Think you got a good buy there!
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

Theres still another set on there but tbh the photos look like they've been facing the elements for a while
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

HDiAndy wrote: Anyone got a basic wiring diagram of how to rig it all up?
No diagrams, but search on this forum as this has been mentioned before numerous times. Passenger seat just needs a 12v feed, but the drivers needs a slight modification to the switch...
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Here's what I know:

The brown 2-pin plug is for the heated seats. It's fed by wires M830 (earth) and 830 (grey) which are at 0v normally, around 0.05v when ignition and the switches are on, but the engine's not, and about 14.5v when the engine's running

And my seats STILL ain't heating up! ARGH!

The vertically-aligned red connector nearest the door (on the drivers side at least) was unconnected on mine. The orange connector below it has a pair of thin gauge wires going to it - obviously not carrying power. The white 2-pin connector is just a connector on mine with no wires attached.

Here's a pic I took

jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

mjb, have you checked the heater pad resistance, if you have an open circuit or very low resistance the heater pad is defective
have you also checked for contact resistance on the earth side?
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I thought someone said there was a pressure switch of sorts built into the seat, which would obviously cause a break in continuity if there's nobody sitting there...

TBH I've heard about broken heater elements before, so it really wouldn't surprise me... The Haynes says replacement's only doable by stealers which means I'm out of luck (can't afford it) cos I really don't think I want to faff with upholstery. Mind you my mom's good with a sewing needle... hmmmmm.... ;)

There's also a brown 2-pin connector at the back of the seat. Does anyone know what that is? Mine's not carrying any voltage.
Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

I wish I had leather interior :cry:
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

I don't

If my leather steering wheel is any indication, the seats will be freezing in the winter and scorching unusably hot in the summer.

I like fabric seats. They don't age like leather does (cracks and colour fade) and you don't slide around on them.

I remember getting into the back of a Rover (a 416 I think) which had cream leather seats. I spent the entire journey slipping off the seat underneath my seatbelt. LOL
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Freezing, yes (damn broken heater)

Frying in summer, surprisingly no - although the steering wheel gets painfully hot
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I must say I agree with Bluey to some extent.

The rear bench seat in mine is very slippy, I actually displaced Mrs Welton once from where she was parked right up onto the central dividing bit where the arm rest is :lol: this was carried out on a roundabout she had to hold onto the front seat 8) I wasn't even going fast.

In summer the front seats get *hot* but not too bad, winter is very cold but then my heaters work (feel sorry for anyone in the back though).

In future I think I would only go for half-leathers or at least have the seat squab in a suede.

Maybe this is why I don't think my 6 handles very well, because my bottom is not connected properly to the seat :|
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

I should add that I was about 8 or 9 at the time when I got in the back of that Rover, so my feet didn't touch to floor. thus I was unable to steady myself.
Thats primarily why I slid about so much.

Bloody officers... they're show offs.
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I LOVE my leather seats. I like the sliding action for some reason, even though I don't really slide all that much anyway. I would never go back to cloth. Hm, I wonder if I have those heater pads as well... wouldn't mind these in the winter, even though it's practically over now.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Captain Jack wrote:Hm, I wonder if I have those heater pads as well...
Scroll up, look at my little picture, and see if you have that small brown connector in the middle :P
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I am pretty sure I do as most of the connectors under my seat are unused. I guess I have to get some switch thingy then eh?