Rear footwell wet

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Benji27

Rear footwell wet

Post by Benji27 »

Hello,, I'm hoping someone can help me. Recently bought a 406 coupe, which i'm loving, but the carpers In the back are soaked through. Whilst trying to dry them out I heard a lot of water leaving the car (I was stood on a towel to absorb the water) from the underside.. Had a look and what appears to be a plug hole was there,, but with no plug.. Stuck my finger in to feel the carpet right there. The other side, though wet, still had the plug. Where can I buy new plugs for the holes so the water stops getting in?? And are they expensive?? (can't find on eBay or anywhere) I looked at the ones under the rear seats, still there too, but the rubber is corroded.. Need to replace the lot.
... Hopefully someone can help me ☺
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Rear footwell wet

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Main stealers or the scrapers I'd of thought :wink:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Rear footwell wet

Post by GingerMagic »

Maybe they were removed to let the water OUT..??

You can use duct-tape instead, which can be peeled back to ' vent ' the car if needed.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.