7 seater seat belt bolts...

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainJapseye
1.8 8v

7 seater seat belt bolts...

Post by CaptainJapseye »

After the saga of my electrically mad 406 and subsequent scrapping, I found another estate and removed the 7 seat bits to fit into it.

Simple...well no actually :/

The old bolts were UNF (7/16?) and the new car (only a year newer by reg) seems to have a smaller, coarser metric thread. I have no bolts and can't seem to find any online.
Does anyone know exactly what I need - I think they're M10 thread but don't know pitch or whether this size became common after 2000? Worth trying main dealers? Or could I salvage them from a breakers from any car after a certain date? I've never seen anything other than the UNF thread you see on everything.

Bloody annoying cos the seats are fitted but unusable :(
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: 7 seater seat belt bolts...

Post by steve_earwig »

I think we've seen this before once, the RPO when they made the change is 08394 so I guess your cars are either side of this.

M10 x 150
They all crop up on various cars but only on certain models and subject to various build codes: I reckon it'd work out cheaper (about 30 quid) than spending hours touring breaker's yards looking at build codes.
Attachments
family belt screws.JPG
(123.01 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

As a thought, I used the bolts from the front seat belt anchorage in mine when I 'misplaced' the bolts - I think they fitted fine ( although it was a while ago and I was in a hurry )

Maybe older models various front or middle belt bolts will fit if the 7 seaters are hard to find...?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
CaptainJapseye
1.8 8v

Post by CaptainJapseye »

Thanks fellas - think I'm gonna go the lazy route as suggested above and get the pennies out.
Getting bored of driving around with boxes of trim and belts in the back :)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

That's probably for the best, I could inagine tracking the bolts down to be a right pain in the bottom, you'd either have to look at cars yourself or ask for chassis numbers over the phone (yeah, right :roll: ) The first 4 bolts are actually quite cheap (less than 2 quid a pop) and I guess the length doesn't make that much difference, however the last ones, "taper headed hex screws" are about 12 and I'm not sure just what they mean by "taper headed". Apart from seat belts they crop up in a few odd places, like turbocharger retaining plates on HDi 90's and even hold the alternator on on a few 406's, not HDI's obviously.
GingerMagic wrote:As a thought, I used the bolts from the front seat belt anchorage in mine when I 'misplaced' the bolts - I think they fitted fine ( although it was a while ago and I was in a hurry )

Maybe older models various front or middle belt bolts will fit if the 7 seaters are hard to find...?
I actually found some of the bolts listed for other 406 belts but they were only used for a few months, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. Frankly, the variety of different bolts used on just 406 seatbelts is bizarre.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.