water in footwell

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Pyros6546
1.8 16v

water in footwell

Post by Pyros6546 »

it appears with all this rain we're having that i have a leak
on the passenger side. its pooling in the footwell anyone
have any idea of the most common places leaks occur
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

I'm guessing that if you have a sun roof the "drain" tubes will be blocked, as I am sure that's what I've read elsewhere on the forum.
And the passenger foot well does indeed get very wet - had the problem on my old 405 - when the sunroof seal went!

Now the question to the being, where are the damn things and how does one unblock them.

Today, after driving 500 miles in the last 4 days on holiday, with about 2 miles to home (having driven rain like I have never seen before - it was BAD) I turned right and my good lady got water from the passenger sunshade/vanity mirror thing all over her - I guess I have a blockage somewhere.

I'd like to get it fixed sooner rather than later as I have no desire for an angry Gf. You know how it is :cheesy:

Mike
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

michaeljclark wrote:Now the question to the being, where are the damn things and how does one unblock them.
Well it seems viewtopic.php?t=2853 is how one unblocks the drain hoses or seals the ariel!

WOuld some kind soul tell me know to remove the light cluster in the roof - don't want to damage it!
wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Post by wes1001 »

michaeljclark wrote:
WOuld some kind soul tell me know to remove the light cluster in the roof - don't want to damage it!
On my D8 you just squeeze the two sides of the cover together slightly ( the sides facing the front and rear of the vehicle ) and it pops off as its only held in on tabs. Then you can get to all the Torx screws. 8)
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

Ta muchly!

Mike
Pyros6546
1.8 16v

Post by Pyros6546 »

from inspecting the widscreen it appears that the
leak maybe from the seal on the passenger side
as it doesn't look fitted correctly.