Speaker fitting advice...

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Preston

Speaker fitting advice...

Post by Preston »

Hey,

I have a 406 2.0i lx (97) and I am looking to fit a couple of 6x9's on the parcel shelf, I already have them as I took them out my old car...

I have a couple of questions I need advice on, currently there are factory fitted rear speakers on the parcel shelf, is it easy to remove these and replace them with the 6x9's (I realise I may need to cut the hole a little bigger), or would you advice I leave the factory fitted rear speakers in and place the 6x9's either side them?

Will the wiring from the factory fitted speakers be compatible with the 6x9's so it's a simple case of swapping the wires over?

Thanks in advance
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

The old ones are easy to remove.

BUT

Most aftermarket ones' magnets do not fit through the holes of the standard ones.

I rebuilt the parcel shelf so I could lift them higher.

There are aftermarket 6x9s that do fit. I think it was here on our forums under I.C.E

Cables you can leave if you want.
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

get the JBL coupe 6x9's
they fit perfectley and have awesome sound quality
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
Preston

Post by Preston »

Thanks guys, I already have the 6x9's (Infinity) but like you've said they are too big for the holes and I don't fancy rebuilding my whole parcel shelf to accomodate them...

Have you got a link to those JBL coupe speakers mate?