Putting leather in a LX

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

todayshorse
1.8 8v

Putting leather in a LX

Post by todayshorse »

Just been reading the interesting post on putting leather in a D9 or D8 or whichever way it was.....

Well ive got a 1997 D8 and just bought some leather off ebay from a 1995/1996 exec. And its not the old fashioned one with the load of seams down the seat, its more of a modern style seat and one which i prefer. Similar to the xantia leather in fact.

Ill let u guys know how i get on fitting, seems complicated from what ive read, but ive upgraded a scorpio before with full electric seats (front and REAR electrics!) and that was a doddle........
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Good luck dude. Mine has all the seams down the middle (D9) so it sounds as tho youve bought D8 seats 8)
2006 207 GT THP 150
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

yes, thats correct, why they changed to those ones with the seams on is beyond me, i know some must like but i much prefer the earlier style.......

Pretty tidy looking as well........ Did the D8 get this memory seat thing? id rather hard wire just so they work rather than faff about with memory seats, theres only going to be me driving it!!!!

todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

Well im pleased to report the back seats are in. The passenger seat is in, and works although ive got to wire in properly, and it appears (although it mite just be me) that the passenger side switch works back to front.......i.e press it back to to forwards and so on. I took the switch to bits and turned the man plug round the other way and this solved it but the switch unit wont go back in the gap as the wiring is stopping it. I guess its meant to be like this?

The drivers seat im still in deep thought about. Ive a orange block of contacts, a big white one and a black one. Plus the im guessing pretensioner thats the same on the passenger side. Ive no heated seat wireing in the car im sad to say.

Ive actualy got the ecu that goes under the drivers seat but im guessing the huge connector wont be there!

So is it correct i leave the white block alone and just rig up the orange connector, but provide power for the switch somehow? The big post with the description on how to do it was a little confusing.....
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

well they are all in, figured out the drivers side though its not in in the pics............still need to solder the power to the switch but it all works. What a frigging day that was fitting it...................i wont be doing that again in a hurry!!!!

Anyone got a leather steering wheel for sale?

sorry pics anit good, had to shrink a bit they were 7 million pixel and very clear at full size!!!!
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

Looks good, since you had the ECU provided with the seats was it just a case of hooking up a +ve and -ve feed to get the lot working?
Former 406 owner, now just another chav in a 306 D turbo!
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

wish it had been that simple............. :shock:

My car had no wiring whatsoever passenger side other than the pretensioners, drivers side had pretensioner and somthing else which doesnt plug into anything on the leather seats connections, no idea what it is, small white connector with two prongs in it and two green wires?

I just butcherd both the big white connector, carefully linking it to the wires from the orange connecter, using the switches earth and adding a power source to the switch, seems all to work just need to solder and add my wires under the carpet as its all been done above the carpet to figure what wire does what with the seat bolted in place, as it doesnt move correctly on the drive half upside down!!!

Wouldnt recommend this job to anyone!
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

no it isn't much fun is it?? :lol: but the end result is :D
Former 406 owner, now just another chav in a 306 D turbo!
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

i put D9 leather seats in my D8 and that was such an arse
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

have you guys seen the size of the 'ecu' that controls this so called 'memory function'?????

Im guessing the apollo moon missions had less tech than whats in that box. If thats all it does its ridiculous, must have 50 pins in it. Its bigger than a engine ECU thats for sure.

Bizarre. Just to tell four motors 2 preset posisitons. I bet a commodore Vic 20 with 3.5k of ram could do it with a little basic programming
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

thats the party piece of any french car, the electrics :lol:
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

indeed, the wiring colours make no sense either, the earth on the switch for the seats is red on the drivers side but brown on the passenger........ive got through a few fuses doing this job i can tell you!!!

Looks good though just need a leather steering wheel ( think i found one in a scrappy im off back tomorrow) and maybe some door cards.....but then the grey on the dash mite look out of place, and the seatbelts are flipping silver!!!!
todayshorse
1.8 8v

Post by todayshorse »

nearly there!!! Just the soldering STILL to do and hide the wires.....and a hoover out :D