Black Covering on Doors

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Black Covering on Doors

Post by csd1_uk »

i am not sure if they have this on all models, but the black stick on plastic stuff that is on the door uprights!

on my car they have started to bubble up and not look too good, does anyone know that if they are taken off is it painted below this? and so would it look right if i did take them off?

or whether i will have to make a tiny whole in the cover so that i can get glue behind it and stick it down again.
Due to Recent Cutbacks, The Light at The End of The Tunnel Has Been Switched Off!
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

You must mean the foil on the B-pilars. Its painted underneath but the color is usually stronger than the rest of the car.
Mine bubbled too so I just removed them. Real easy with a hair dryer :)
Once they're off theres no clean way of putting them back so youd have to buy new ones.

I think they make the 406 look rather "cheap" but it looks ok on the dark blue pug.

There are pics before/after of my car on my site.
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

ahhh wicked, i will have a think about what to do, i have been unlucky and got the redish type 406, so its whether to have a darker patch or leave it bubbly,

i will have a check on your site
Due to Recent Cutbacks, The Light at The End of The Tunnel Has Been Switched Off!
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

Forgot to mention I had to repaint the door and at that time they were still on so it looks worse on the image than it really is:

Also if you do remove it be carefull with the door rubbers on the bottom. I bent mine on accident on both sides and cant be fixed once its bent.

Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

it looks sweet with them off really dont you think? i dont mind about the slight colour difference, as black plastic is a big difference compared to a slightly darker red in my case!
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

:)

I like it better without for sure. Just be carefull with those plastic/rubber trims at the bottom the window. They bend reaaaaaly easily!
406OC Image Support
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

does that mean they bend if they get hot??

is it worth trying to get a heat resistant thing there to stop them gettin hot?
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

The black covering goes underneath the plastic/rubber under the window. I pulled the black stuff from top to bottom and pulled so hard I bent the plastic/rubber as I pulled off the last bit...

if your carefull nothing will happen. I got impatient :)
406OC Image Support
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

thanks very much for that, i tend to be the impatient type to, but i am also a perfectionist, it tends to lead to some heated time when i am working on my car!!!!
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

It all a personal preference, but I've always liked the black between the doors. If fact, I can remember years ago, buying the stuff to put onto the cars of the time, (dairees will remember well)

Neil
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I guess the fun of tuning is seeing other peoples tastes and likes :)

I've always loved "cleaned" cars. Maybe it depends on the color of the car too?...
406OC Image Support
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yup I remember doing between the windows on my nova, I also did the sills and door bottoms. Still got a little bit of that black vinyl in the garage, used some on suzuki the other day :cheesy:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Don't waste your ?????s getting the ones from peugeot, you can get self adhesive vinyl from any graphics place. You might find that you fancy something a bit different, the stuff I had was more "satin" than "textured", would make a nice change on your pug.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

I've just realised that only the mk1 saloon has this black covering, the mk2 sallon doesn't. All estates have it though.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
pug406gtx
2.0 16v

Post by pug406gtx »

They look nice if the windows are tinted but I preffer the mk2 without them :cheesy: