New guy with seven seat question-wrong place?

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bigblueglx

New guy with seven seat question-wrong place?

Post by bigblueglx »

Hello folks,
Just purchased our 2000 110 Hdi estate and certainly enjoying the terrific fuel economy.
Thinking long term, just curious about fitting a seven seat conversion. Assuming I could
find the right matching colour, could anyone advise if a D8 seven seat set-up would fit in
to our later car? Would the same apply for a towbar from the earlier car onto our later one?
Does anyone here have these parts for sale or have opinions on what sort of money I should be
looking to pay?
Hoping to hear from anyone with more experience with these intriguing French beasties.
Many thanks,
Pete
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: New guy with seven seat question-wrong place?

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there, welcome aboard. No, looks like the right place to me :wink: I've never seen a seven-seater so I couldn't say how much things are different, sorry. Apparently there are major differences in the saloon but I have both a D8 & 9 estates and they seem to be the same, although this is only comparing with a tape measure... It might help you to look at Service Box ,you have to sign up but is actually free (no, don't pass out :shock: ) and you can browse away to get an idea how much is different and how much you'd need to rob from your doughnut car. I have a feeling you'll need a very friendly breaker...

Not sure on costs, although they come up on eBlag from time to time so you could have a look there, obviously add 50% :cheesy:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
bow
1.8 8v

Post by bow »

hello there i have a d9 7 seater estate if you want any measurements or anything :D
no2lurch
3.0 24v

Post by no2lurch »

pic\s would be useful of the 7 seater - was it a conversion? are they all conversions?
Past car - D9 2.2 SRi estate, sleeper, family wagon & general hauler!
Current car - Ph3 1.8 306
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

bigblueglx wrote:Hello folks,
Just purchased our 2000 110 Hdi estate and certainly enjoying the terrific fuel economy.
Thinking long term, just curious about fitting a seven seat conversion. Assuming I could
find the right matching colour, could anyone advise if a D8 seven seat set-up would fit in
to our later car? Would the same apply for a towbar from the earlier car onto our later one?
Does anyone here have these parts for sale or have opinions on what sort of money I should be
looking to pay?
Hoping to hear from anyone with more experience with these intriguing French beasties.
Many thanks,
Pete
hi welcome
dont no about the 7 seater bit but i wouldnt do it as i love my kids
the towbar is diffrent between d8 and d9 [dont no what the diffrence is but towbar companys list them seprate] and also diffrent between saloon and estate.
MJBD8
1.8 8v

Post by MJBD8 »

Key thing to point out is that between the D8 and the D9 they changed the nutsert size in the boot the d8 are unf thread and the D9 are M10x1.5 so a bolt kit might be in order.

I fitted a seven seater kit in my Pug-hearse back in December and The biggest hiccup was I needed to tap the holes out as they fill up with underseal.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I recently purchase a 7 seat conversion from the bay last week and I hope to fit it in the next couple of weeks. I think only one colour is available, well, I have only seen the grey ones anyway....

I hope it is straightforward as I will be doing it in lunch breaks, over a couple of days.

You will need to change seat details on V5 and send to DVLA, there is no change in taxation class or cost.

@ bow, please can you send some pictures of the 7 seat in place my way ( seat belts, fixing points etc ) just to make it easier for me. :cheesy:

Towbar should be the same as it bolts onto the chassis, which I think D8 and D9 Estates are the same, certainly the back half.

I also have a donor D9, which I will be breaking soon - it has a towbar fitted too....

Kelv.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

omega wrote: hi welcome
the towbar is diffrent between d8 and d9 [dont no what the diffrence is but towbar companys list them seprate] and also diffrent between saloon and estate.

Ummmmmmmmmmm - What the f*ck is that supposed to mean? I own a 7 seater estate and I don't love my kids???????? :shock:
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I understand what you are saying - having kids so close to the back in case of a rear end collision, but Zafira's / scenics / 307sw etc have the kids head nearest the impact whereas these seats have the kids feet nearest the back. I do love my kids and feel that rear facing is the safest all round.
Does mean you lose boot space but will buy a cheap roof box instead.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

GingerMagic wrote:I understand what you are saying - having kids so close to the back in case of a rear end collision, but Zafira's / scenics / 307sw etc have the kids head nearest the impact whereas these seats have the kids feet nearest the back. I do love my kids and feel that rear facing is the safest all round.
Does mean you lose boot space but will buy a cheap roof box instead.
Thank you GingerMagic.

Wish people would do their research before they bitch about something they have no idea about.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

Sonia406 wrote:

Ummmmmmmmmmm - What the f*ck is that supposed to mean? I own a 7 seater estate and I don't love my kids???????? :shock:

no it means you should THINK about what you are doing.

as a recovery driver working for the police i have collected many cars that have had rear end shunts and have seen how cars fold up even from low impacts.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

omega wrote:
Sonia406 wrote:

no it means you should THINK about what you are doing.

as a recovery driver working for the police i have collected many cars that have had rear end shunts and have seen how cars fold up even from low impacts.
Think? I thought long and hard, not.
If you watch that video that just backs up what I have THOUGHT all along.
My children are perfectly safe in my 406 estate.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Sonia406 wrote: My children are perfectly safe in my 406 estate.
Can you imagine the mental impact it would have on any kids in a 406 living through that? they'd have to live with the sight of that fooking big truck coming at them... If they were awake. :shock:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.