d9 interior

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

madbaggie28
1.8 16v

d9 interior

Post by madbaggie28 »

i have just brought a cream leather interior from a x reg d9 exec i have all parts including the door cards which i have cleaned and fitted they look great :D. i think i can manage to do the back seats as soon as the rain stops the fun will start when i get to the front seats my car is a 02 reg d9 lx with manual seats the new ones are are electric i have the ecu for the memory seat but havnt looked under the carpet for the big plug that goes into it (hope it is there)can someone please tell me in simple english as i am only a novice when it comes to cars how to wire up the seats if the plug is not there many thanks and when it is finished i will post some pics on and thanks once again.
madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Re: d9 interior

Post by madbaggie28 »

update the back seats are in they were easy too fit only took about an hour to do and they look brillient going to wait for the weekend before i try the front seats because i think it will take more than a hour to do them ha ha
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

So far so good but I'm afraid you're a little on your own with the front seats, I had a quick search but there's not much in the way of anything definitive for the D9. The problem with the D9 is Peugeot seem to be happy making a different wiring loom for every single car rather than loose a little bit on copper wire and make the wiring all the same, so I have a feeling you're not going to find the connector. Have the passenger seat out and have a look though, you could be lucky. If not get back to us for some head scratching :mrgreen:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

steve_earwig wrote:The problem with the D9 is Peugeot seem to be happy making a different wiring loom for every single car
It's not just the D9 - the D8 looms are pretty much spec-dependent too
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Just saying, I got all sorts of plugs lying about on the D8 but I haven't seen a single one on the '9

madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

update ihave took the front seat out today and looked under the carpet and what a surprise no wires there for the seats and to make things even worse when i looked at the new seat the nice man at the salvage yard has cut the wires for the airbag plugs so i now have the problem of what wire goes where on th wires that come out of the carpet for the airbags the wires are brown and blue but the wires on the seat are green and orange so i have no idea which way round to connect them and dont want to try and guess incase i get it wrong and the airbag goes off if anyone knows which way round the wires go please let me know asap many thanks for all your help
turbolag
Officer of the law!

Post by turbolag »

I can confirm, the D9 doesn't have the loom in place as standard for leccy front seats, unles the car had them from the factory.

The D9 is more akin to a multiplex loom, where the different circuits are modular and anr only fitted and plugged in if the spec of the car requires it.

Is it 2 wires to the airbag? If so, the polarity won't matter. The wires only carry current during an accident when the airbag ECU sends some electricty down to ignite the pyrotechnic charge.
madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

update the passenger seat is in that was easy i just run a live and earth from the fag lighter and put it to the yellow plug and that was that . The problem now is the drivers seat i have tried to wire it in using another live and earth from the lighter and put it to the motors and got them all moving and reversed the polarity to move them them the other (so i know all the motors work fine)but what i cant work out is which wire from the white plug goes onto which wire on the motors i have tried all 16 combinations and the motors only move one way so can someone who has done this retro fit have a look at which colour wire goes where and let me know asap it might be that i am missing somthin simple but as i said before i am only a beginer when it comes to electrics i saw a auto electrican and he wants £90 to do it but at this time of year it will have too wait unless one of you lot can help me thanks in advance.
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

are you trying to put it in with the ECU?? if you are not then i may be able to help you, i had to hard wire my seats in last year and it sounds like (so far anyway) your going down a similar path. have you soldered an earth wire onto the seat controls pad? once you've got your motor combinations worked out and the earth soldered in it's really only a case of creating a common live source for them.
Former 406 owner, now just another chav in a 306 D turbo!
madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

cheers for that andy i am almost there with it now i have soldered a wire onto the switch and think i have got all the wiring sorted but gave up trying on sat as it was freezing cold and after a few hours of messin with it i just wanted to sit in the warm thanks for the reply i will get it finished next weekend if it aint too cold and i will upload some pics of the new interior thanks again for the reply mate. by the way once i am all done i will put a post on telling people how to wire the seats in and give them the wiring combinations so it is there for all too see because there is nothing of much use on here at the moment
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

madbaggie28 wrote:...there is nothing of much use on here at the moment
:(

madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

i have been messing with the front seat all day and finally got somewhere with it i have got the back part working on the switch and the tilt on the bottom part so i am left with four wires the two that come from the motor to make the whole seat move back and forward and two wires off the whit plug a grey one and a red one but when i connect the wires up and use the switch to move back and forward the fuse blows everythin else on the seat works fine i have tried swappin the four wires over and it still does the same i am 90% there with it now i just cant work out the last bit i must be missing somthin really simple but some help off you guys would be brillient
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

what size fuse are you using? i'm on a 20A (as per fag lighter and same rating as seats should be according to handbook). If you PM me your email address i'll try and fashion together a circuit diagram of what i did and send it through as i've got to lift my seat up today to stop a bloody annoying squeak thats been developing last few months.
madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

all done at last i used the wiring diagram andy sent me and it works great i will put a post on over the weekend telling people how to do it so they dont have to suffer like i did many thanks andy couldnt have done it without you mate (just gotta get a parcel shelf fitted and wir in the heated seats now)
HDiAndy
1.8 16v

Post by HDiAndy »

thats great mate, glad to be of service.