Air bag switch/coin tray

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

milkybar
1.8 16v

Air bag switch/coin tray

Post by milkybar »

Just a quickie but does anyone know if the Coin tray/airbag switch on 99- onwards models is the same size as the pen holder on pre -99 models???

The reason I ask is I hate the the coin tray and have relocated the airbag switch already.. theres a scrapper with a 98 model not 1 mile away from me and wondered if it was worth the walk down to get it?

cheers dudes
Image MilkyBars are on me!!
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Air bag switch/coin tray

Post by mjb »

What pen holder?

Hmm looking at servicebox there's an option for a "GLOVE BOX" (it's really not a glove box!) part 7588S2 £4.98inc for vehicles "STANDARD IGNITION AND WITHOUT ANTISLIPPING AND NON HEATED SEAT AND WITHOUT VARIABLE SUSPENSION". Roughly translated that means cars without heated seats, variable suspension, traction control or an immobiliser.

I wasn't aware there were any UK spec 406s without an immobiliser!

I'd phone up the scrappers and ask what's in the console before making the trek, and even then I'd weigh up the cost of petrol versus £5 for a brand new one from a dealer (phone up first and get it ordered in)
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
milkybar
1.8 16v

Post by milkybar »

this is how mine looks now... airbag switch and coin holder behind the cig lighter

this is what I want... this is a 98 model. notice the airbag switch and coin holder gone in place of a better functioning item

Hope this clears up wat i was on about. are the appertures the same size?????????
peugeot406rapier
2.0 16v

Post by peugeot406rapier »

i cant see why not i couldnt see peugeot redesigning the centre console but im not 100% sure perhaps someone with a D8 could measure up!
swiss
3.0 24v

Post by swiss »

Man, it looks good with a non-peeling airbag cover...

I've got the 98 arrangement, works well for me, I use the two compartments for storing my fluff, crumbs and dust. Do D8 leather seats have built-in arm rests?

Anyway, let me know what measurements you'd need, though be advised it'll be tape measure and more-or-less type accuracy :p
The man with no car

"Close the door on your way out, and don't forget your monkey."
milkybar
1.8 16v

Post by milkybar »

Fluff, crumbs AND dust.... have you contacted Max Power and see if they'll do a feature?? :) :) :)

i'll go to the scrappers in the morn and get it... thanks.