Rear Shelf

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

andrew1608
2.0 16v

Rear Shelf

Post by andrew1608 »

I went to the breakers today and got a shelf with a sunblind built in out ouf a mk1 exec, does anyone know if there are any size differences which would stop me from fitting this into the rapier mk2
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Rear Shelf

Post by mjb »

andrew1608 wrote:I went to the breakers today and got a shelf with a sunblind built in out ouf a mk1 exec, does anyone know if there are any size differences which would stop me from fitting this into the rapier mk2
You *may* be able to retro-fit the blind itself if you're so inclined in the woodwork department, but switching parcel shelves probably isn't on the menu as the D8 and D9 shelves grip the rear seats in different places, and an unsecured rear seat is an MOT failure :(
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
turbolag
Officer of the law!

Post by turbolag »

Swapping a D8 sunblind shelf onto a D9 isn't simple, though it can be done.

The sunblind shelf usually comes with the built in cubby hole. Problem is, on the D9 there is no recess in the metalwork underneath the shelf so you need to either A) Cut a big hole in the D9s metalwork and weld in a recess, or B) cut an inch off the cubby hole on the bottom of the D8 shelf.

B) is the easier option, though when you open the lid to the cubby it'll look a mess inside.

alternatively, if you havea steady hand you could cut a slot in the D9 shelf and try swapping the D8 sunblind onto it.
Leopold
2.0 16v

Post by Leopold »

andrew1608 wrote:I went to the breakers today and got a shelf with a sunblind built in out ouf a mk1 exec, does anyone know if there are any size differences which would stop me from fitting this into the rapier mk2
Or i will take it off ya.. :)
'99 Peugeot 406 1.8 16v LS in Jade Green