Leather/Part Leather Interior

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Leather/Part Leather Interior

Post by highlander »

Hello,

I've just put the feelers out looking for quotes for:

4x leather/walnut door cards from a 406 Executive model saloon (year 2000 onwards)
1x full set of Part-leather seats from a 406 SRi model saloon (year 2000 onwards)

I've just got a quote back - £85 for the seats, and £20 for each individual door card, meaning £165 plus VAT + delivery. These are used parts, and I have no photo from the supplier (at this stage, at least - I may ask them for one, if I decide I want to go ahead).

For those of you who have done this themselves, is this a good deal?

I am still waiting for other quotes; just want to know how good/bad this is, from your own experiences.

Other thing is, I'm sure I can modify and fit the door cards myself (I have no garage, but I have determination and I can always hope for a dry day), but not sure about the seats. Is this reasonably easy to do, and is there anything I need to watch out for? I know you need to connect a cable in to the bottom of my current seats, otherwise the airbag light comes on. Any other bits of wiring?

Cheers
Graeme
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Leather/Part Leather Interior

Post by mjb »

Seems a good price, especially as the part leather seats are pretty rare...
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: Leather/Part Leather Interior

Post by highlander »

Yeah; I gather SRi units are getting to be rather rare to find.

The 2.2 petrol engine is quite nice, too - the one example of an SRi I did see was in a rather dilapidated state, but sounded sporty enough.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.