My new mowtah

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: My new mowtah

Post by DaiRees »

Loud bang on the way home from work today, lovely stone chip right on the A pillar. BAStud!! :x
Look at the size of this, gotta be a couple of CM long.

Still, an inch further over and I'd probably getting the windscreen replaced.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I've got one like that on the A pillar (not as bad like :P ) I guess all you can do it 'dob' it in with a touch up pen (have you got one?) I've tried* for years to find one in Halfords type places in the right colour. I guess it's dealer order only.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yes I've got the right colour touch up, I usually buy one as soon as I get a car, you're always going to need it unfortunately. I seem to be having more than my fair share of chips and dinks on this car. :(

I reckon you'd pay more for touch up paint in Halfrauds these days than you would in the stealers. :roll:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

DaiRees wrote: I seem to be having more than my fair share of chips and dinks on this car. :(
Word on the street is that car paint is thinner than it used to be, environmental mumblings etc.......
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I thought it got better, that Arsetra I had (1993?) had paint that was so thin fly splats were taking it off. It was dark blue with white primer. I think this tied into when they banned using cellulose paint on new cars, so they used water-based or something.

(yes, that astra, the one I had airborne)
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I always thought that the paint on both my 406s was brilliant, much better than any car I had before. If anything the D8 was better than the D9, seemed to have a "deeper" finish with a thicker laquer layer.

Upon closer inspection of the new chip on the Volvo (while applying touch-up paint), it's actually slightly dented. Given the location and structural nature of the A pillar, together with the position of the chip right on an edge, that surprises me somewhat!!
Welly

Post by Welly »

The strength is behind all the bodywork Dai.

Cars in my care:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Long time no see folks, how are all doing?

Hard to believe that lovely V70 will be 10 years old next week. I promised myself I'd have a new one in 10 years (OK, I picked the V70 up at the end of July so I actually lasted about 6 or 7 weeks short of the 10 years).

Aaaaanyway, here the replacement 8)

She's a 2021 (just had her first birthday) V90 Momentum with a B4 2l petrol mild hybrid. For "mild hybrid" read PP9 and a motor out of one of those "snap together and into action" kits I had as a kid. Also 8 speed auto box as Volvo no longer do manuals in any of their larger cars. Lovely smooth and quiet ride, much more limo like than the V70. Full of toys and gadgets, generally all round a very nice mowtah.

Here's to the next 10 years!
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Good to hear from you Dai

Really doesn't seem like 10 years :o

Smart looking vehicule that, bet it's smooth, effortless and surpisingly nippy. Enjoy!
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Doggy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:32 pm Good to hear from you Dai

Really doesn't seem like 10 years :o

Smart looking vehicule that, bet it's smooth, effortless and surpisingly nippy. Enjoy!
You too Doggy. Yeah sorry, I do lurk on here a bit but just don't have much to say these days... :roll:

10 years flown by, I remember the excitement of picking up the V70 like it was yesterday. And the depression of my 406 fuelling issues and trailering it to Mr Walsh in Blackburn.

The V70 had decent torque but only 115 horses. This one has 197bhp from the engine plus a boost of another 17 or so from the electric motor when you press on, so it certainly is a bit more lively. Mind you it's also 2350kg so it's safe to say it's not designed for hooning around country roads. She's more your effortless mile muncher. So far I like. Alot 8)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi Dai, good to hear from you. New motah looks stonking, good colour.

We're doing ok here ta, bluddy hot though (although I see it's been worse in the UK, you poor buggahs). Still lurking about myself, even chipping in if I have a clue (which isn't often tbh). Hmm, new car? Not until the yoyo falls to bits :roll: And then I wouldn't have a clue what to replace it with :(
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.