My new mowtah

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: My new mowtah

Post by OdinEidolon »

Does it handle as good as a proper '6?
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

steve_earwig wrote:You'll probably find the suspension softens up a touch when it's done a few miles.
When you say a 'few' I'm on 56,000 now and still waiting for it to soften :shock:

I believe the inclusion of this here sub-forum was kinda tongue in cheek :mrgreen:

Nice looking car that Dai and a nice complimentary replacement to the 406, I can see how you kinda matched up the spec.

Heated rear seats eh? nice......... 8) I don't even have heated fronts :(
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Oh. It's just my dad spotted some old dear with some Audi he likes the look of and asked her about it, she said it's fantastic now the suspension's softened up and it's no longer trying to shake the fillings out of her teeth.

Maybe it'll soften up at around 200k :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Welly wrote:I believe the inclusion of this here sub-forum was kinda tongue in cheek :mrgreen:
Yeah, your idea IIRC :lol: :lol: :oops: Check his signature for proof guys :wink:
Welly wrote:Nice looking car that Dai and a nice complimentary replacement to the 406, I can see how you kinda matched up the spec.

Heated rear seats eh? nice......... 8) I don't even have heated fronts :(
Thank you very much Sir, I'm a bit funny with spec and would find it very difficult to buy a new car with less toys than it's predecessor... :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

I lost a load of natty features when I sold my 406 - foldy mirrors, foot rest, rear sunblind, heated seats......

I think the harsh ride is characteristic of new cars, and the fashion for large wheels, and the fact our roads are smashed to bits.

My car only really feels settled on the motorway :|
Cars in my care:
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Nonsense! My Mondeo wafts along :supafrisk:

And I think in January I'm going to ruin it with a set of Bilsten B6's and Eibachs :roll:

The ride in my fathers T5 would break your back though! Really used to hate driving it over bumpy roads. Also used to tramline like a bastard! Any slight camber or curve in the road and it would pull to one side!
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Did people start getting sudden payrises? I am still in my own personal recession....
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Lol no mate, been working very hard and saving very long! As I told a mate recently, I've been putting a tenner in a jar whenever I can for 10 years, to which he replied "f*cking big jar that!" :lol: :lol:

Anyway I reckon the timing was right cos the government have ripped the sh*t out of funding for training again, so it looks like things are going to get very lean pretty quickly, and being a director means I'm the last to get paid (gotta look after the staff first). If I was buying it now I'd have to think very carefully, but now I've got it, tough sh*t, I'm keeping it!! :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:Lol no mate, been working very hard and saving very long! As I told a mate recently, I've been putting a tenner in a jar whenever I can for 10 years, to which he replied "f*cking big jar that!" :lol: :lol:

Anyway I reckon the timing was right cos the government have ripped the sh*t out of funding for training again, so it looks like things are going to get very lean pretty quickly, and being a director means I'm the last to get paid (gotta look after the staff first). If I was buying it now I'd have to think very carefully, but now I've got it, tough sh*t, I'm keeping it!! :oops:
Being a house husband has it's perks just keep yourself busy and leave the f*cking beer alone. :lol: :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Captain Jack wrote:Did people start getting sudden payrises? I am still in my own personal recession....
I finished paying for mine in March and to be honest when I look at my finances now I don't know how I managed to keep up the payments :? I am certainly not willing or able to take out anymore finance at the moment.

I like Dai's idea of the tenner-in-a-jar thing but it'd have to be a special jar for me i.e. one that can't be opened again :roll:
Cars in my care:
Welly

Post by Welly »

Dai - why didn't you go for the (newer styled) V60? too small?

I'm confused why they still have the V50 (which is small) then a slightly bigger V60 and a V70 :?
Cars in my care:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Welly wrote:Dai - why didn't you go for the (newer styled) V60? too small?

I'm confused why they still have the V50 (which is small) then a slightly bigger V60 and a V70 :?
Yeah I had a look at one, but I did think the boot was a bit small. The problem being that we were spoiled with the 406, the boot is huuuuge. In reality, the V60 would probably have been fine but I've coveted a V70 for a long time so didn't really spend too long looking at the rest of the range :oops:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

OdinEidolon wrote:Does it handle as good as a proper '6?
Sorry Odin, missed that :oops:

I can't really answer that question yet though, it grips like it's on rails and I'm still getting used to it, but haven't been anywhere near the limit yet. Corners well, good feel and weight through the steering wheel, excellent traction and braking.... 8)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

DaiRees wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:Does it handle as good as a proper '6?
Sorry Odin, missed that :oops:

I can't really answer that question yet though, it grips like it's on rails and I'm still getting used to it, but haven't been anywhere near the limit yet. Corners well, good feel and weight through the steering wheel, excellent traction and braking.... 8)
No problem at all. But you didn't actually answer my question :cheesy: , better than a '6, or not? 8)
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Grippier that the 6 by a long margin, but I can't really say how it "handles" until I get near the limit of that grip...