MOT today and a surprise Courtesy Car

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

MOT today and a surprise Courtesy Car

Post by Welly »

The Eastbourne Express is in for its MOT and new reversing light switch today (which I've now found out you don't need reversing lights to pass the MOT :roll: ).

Anyhoo the courtesy car is a Peugeot 307 SW HDi of around 2002. It feels and sounds familiar to my old 406 and rides along very nicely. There's a range of dash bulbs out of service and an impressive selection of rattles and squeaks. The comedy gear-selection was there too, along with an incredibly heavy clutch pedal :?

About 10 minutes into my journey came a little "Ping" and a warning greeted the MFD (which is only half-illuminated) ABS BRAKING FAULT cried the little computer, I wasn't even touching the brakes :lol: :oops:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: MOT today and a surprise Courtesy Car

Post by DaiRees »

Don't you just love it when that happens? :lol:

Enjoy it mate, it's not yours :wink:

Re the reversing lights thing, I always thought if they were there they had to work, what's it called... "construction & use regs" or something?? The 4X4 forums used to be full of stories of people removing bits from their vehicles and covering lights over with sticky vinyl etc. before the test, one guy couldn't get his wipers to work so took the windscreen off! :cheesy:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

Apparently you don't even need a functioning rear wiper?

Funny thing is I know the lad who owns the Pug so out of shear generosity I pulled in at a Petrol Station and sloshed in 4 ltrs of diesel for him (cost me about £76.00 I think :lol: ) the reason I did this was because he had left the multi non-functioning display on "Miles left to empty" it was showing 90 miles so I thought it would be a nice surprise when he jumps in it to go home later reading 130 miles or something but did that f*cking display move with an extra 4 ltrs in? did it f*ck :evil: :roll:
Cars in my care:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Welly wrote:The Eastbourne Express is in for its MOT and new reversing light switch today (which I've now found out you don't need reversing lights to pass the MOT :roll: ).

Anyhoo the courtesy car is a Peugeot 307 SW HDi of around 2002. It feels and sounds familiar to my old 406 and rides along very nicely. There's a range of dash bulbs out of service and an impressive selection of rattles and squeaks. The comedy gear-selection was there too, along with an incredibly heavy clutch pedal :?

About 10 minutes into my journey came a little "Ping" and a warning greeted the MFD (which is only half-illuminated) ABS BRAKING FAULT cried the little computer, I wasn't even touching the brakes :lol: :oops:
The clutch pedal in the 307 shouidnt feel heavy,
the pedal in the 307 ihave feels very light,

idont rate the build quality of them, the door cards creak and seats are crap :(
Welly

Post by Welly »

This one's clutch is very firm however the Volvo's is super light so it may be that more.

Build quality on the Pug is lacking, when I went to close the door I nearly smashed it straight through the opening it was that light weight :shock: the whole thing feels like it's just about hanging together but may collapse at any time.
Cars in my care:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive got used to driving the 306 which on the old cable clutch set up
so as'pose the pedal on the 307 wouid feel lighter, so maybe they are heavy compared to the 406

There is alot of plastic in these 307s even the wings aint Metal

Still other than that they drive ok and Serve apurpose as'pose there a little bit better to a Zafira etc
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well it passed the MOT with no comments 8)

£50.00 notes though to fit my reversing switch (was a right bastard to do, battery out, gearbox mount off etc etc) he's going to show me what the trouble is to fit these later.

MOT is another £50.00, and the switch was £30.00, then the Road Tax is due :cry: :cry:

At least my reversing lights work now :|
Cars in my care:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

I know the rear wiper rule used to be (it's an optional extra) so it can't be an MOT failure but I'm surprised the law hasn't found a way around that, after all my car is fitted with a tow hitch but if the electrics don't work on that then it's a failure. :roll:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
grasmere59
3.0 24v

Post by grasmere59 »

A mate of mine runs an MOT station and he said the other day a chap had fitted wiper blades that were about 4" shorter than they should have been so they missed the big chip in the windscreen as the chip was no longer in the "wiper sweep" area!
2011 "11" Mondeo TXS est 200ps in Grey
2003 "53" 110 hdi Executive Estate in Diablo Red
2001 "51" BMW 530i sport in Black
2012 "62" Yamaha XT1200
1974 "M" Honda CB500/4
1994 "M" Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
1998 "S" Honda XRV 750
Welly

Post by Welly »

:lol: that's funny :)