Got me new Summer boots on

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
benczuk
3.0 24v

Re: Got me new Summer boots on

Post by benczuk »

Nissan Stagea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

I thought it looked more like a Honda Accord Tourer...
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I dunno, I still have a downer on anything Jap, although I did quite like the look of the big Mitsi estate, was it the Galant?

Anyway, to come back to the fred, I'm gonna need a pair of fronts on my Vulva soon, they aren't gonna do much more than 10K unfortunately :cry: . Anything with a name is bloody expensive too! Checked the P7s in my size and they're actually a couple of quid more than the Pzeros that are on it now... :shock:

I'm also supposed to be getting a set of winter boots to put on those alloys I bought, was advised that they'd be cheapest in the middle of summer. So things could get expensive! :roll:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Bejesus - you'll only get 10K out the fronts? :? I get at least 15K out of mine. The P-zero's are quite soft maybe? it would pay you to get the alignment done now the car's settled down a bit.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yeah it's a combination of a number of factors, my driving style, the size and weight of the car, having your entire allocation of torque delivered in one big lump (oooh look, that yellow light is flashing again!), the stiff suspension and the grip provided by the big tyres meaning I must go around corners and roundabouts at fairly high speeds... Now I'm more used to the car I'm sure the next pair will last much longer.

I only managed around 10k out of the fronts on the Pug when I first had it, until I realised what I was doing wrong and adapted my driving accordingly. Then I got it up to about 15k, but the Pug used to wear the rears out in that time too. the rears on the Volvo look brand new.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
jasper5
3.0 24v

Post by jasper5 »

Swap the wheels around front to back and back to front....every 5000 miles, you will get a whole lot more miles out of your tyres.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote: Pug used to wear the rears out in that time too. the rears on the Volvo look brand new.
Ah yes you did warn me that the n/s/r would wear on the outside unless i take roundabouts at a snails pace... Of course i didn't relay this information to the wife and now need to replace that corner. :oops: ....well that's my excuse it's her fault honestly. :supafrisk:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I always wonder how you're meant to circulate the tyres now that most of them only turn one way, I suppose on the same side & stuff the spare, which is probably a) a spacesaver anyway and b) probably so old it's dangerous by now...

The Michelins, conversely, just say "this side out" or some such. Oh finally, a plus for them :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly

Post by Welly »

To be honest I don't like cornering fast and scrubbing the tyres I just don't like the feeling of being thrown about. I drive quickly in a straight line but take corners and roundabouts quite carefully really and I stay off the brakes too :|
Cars in my care:
jasper5
3.0 24v

Post by jasper5 »

steve_earwig wrote:I always wonder how you're meant to circulate the tyres now that most of them only turn one way, I suppose on the same side & stuff the spare, which is probably a) a spacesaver anyway and b) probably so old it's dangerous by now...

The Michelins, conversely, just say "this side out" or some such. Oh finally, a plus for them :roll:

Simply move the same side tyres from front to back and back to front.

I wouldn't expect anyone to try to move a directional tyre to the wrong side, unless they be a complete idiot.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:To be honest I don't like cornering fast and scrubbing the tyres I just don't like the feeling of being thrown about. I drive quickly in a straight line but take corners and roundabouts quite carefully really and I stay off the brakes too :|
Just the straight line speed issue to resolve then and you'll be a proper Volvo owner. 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly

Post by Welly »

:mrgreen:
Cars in my care: