What do you make of this? Dashcam / main stealer test drive

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
peugeot30v6
2.0 16v

Post by peugeot30v6 »

About 8 years ago I sent my Volvo S60 to the Volvo dealership in Kent, not sure really, and it was there for 10 days for a climate control problem and sunroof leak. Back then I was a sales rep so had to have a dashcam fitted, the car sat at the dealership for 4 days and and nothing happend. After that it was driven to London and back? And then they still charged me a small fortune for it being there so long. Ahh, the wonders of dealer services[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Peugeot 406 V6 Auto Executive [95100miles]
2003 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 Executive Manual [157000miles]
2002 Volvo S60 2.0t Auto [287000miles]
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: What do you make of this? Dashcam / main stealer test dr

Post by DaiRees »

peugeot30v6 wrote:About 8 years ago I sent my Volvo S60 to the Volvo dealership in Kent, not sure really, and it was there for 10 days for a climate control problem and sunroof leak. Back then I was a sales rep so had to have a dashcam fitted, the car sat at the dealership for 4 days and and nothing happend. After that it was driven to London and back? And then they still charged me a small fortune for it being there so long. Ahh, the wonders of dealer services[emoji1]
See, I have an inherent distrust of all kinds of trades, I really wish they'd stop proving me right! :oops:

Anyway, could've been worse I suppose... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ayer_click :shock: :evil:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
peugeot30v6
2.0 16v

Post by peugeot30v6 »

Terrible people, http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/01/park ... t-on-film/
Video is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Peugeot 406 V6 Auto Executive [95100miles]
2003 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 Executive Manual [157000miles]
2002 Volvo S60 2.0t Auto [287000miles]
dave406
2.0 Turbo

Post by dave406 »

Sorry if you have already seen this but check this dash can out

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/watch-m ... h-joyride/
(02) 406 2.0 HDi GTX Estate AUTO AC+SN in Delft Blue aka Rhodes Blue
Rolebama
2.0 Turbo

Post by Rolebama »

I have a dash cam, and I have found it very useful to look back on 'incidents' and see what exactly caused them. So far, sheer stupidity wins out on most occasions. Changing lanes in traffic without looking in mirrors, attempting to overtake cyclists on tight bends, entering roundabouts without looking, reversing out of drives whilst using rear view mirrors instead of looking out of side windows. etc etc etc. And of course, we all know that one flash of the indicators allows any manouevre regardless of other road users.
1998 2.1 GLX TD
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Rolebama wrote:And of course, we all know that one flash of the indicators allows any manouevre regardless of other road users.
That's one more than we get locally, drivers are courteous around your way! :shock: :lol:

The standard of driving around here is shocking, I'm sure most of these muppets found a license in their cornflakes packet :(
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

DaiRees wrote:The standard of driving around here is shocking
I actually think it's the car's fault. Modern cars allow even the worst driver with no mechanical sympathy to drive reasonably 'well' and far beyond their capabilities....THIS is when it all goes wrong; approaching bends too fast, junctions, roundabout's etc. and nine times out of ten the car sorts everything out for them and they're none the wiser. The speed I see young drivers (Girls and Lads) on icy roads is frightening it's as though they haven't ever felt a car slide or twitch on ice (maybe they haven't).

Moderns are too fast, too quiet and too 'isolating' for the driver. I think everyone should be made to drive a Ford Cortina 2.0S on cross-ply's in the wet, and dark, before passing their test. I'm old enough to remember what is felt, sounded and smelt like to raise a cars' speed to the limit and it was Red Alert all-round but now you'd hardly tell the difference between 40 and 80mph.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I agree with all that, but there's more too. People are selfish, I used to think that it was ignorance, that they were too stupid to consider other drivers. But no, I've come to realise that they're selfish, it's a kind of "f*ck You Jack, I'm going to do whatever I want and I don't give a toss about you!". They know that they're the assholes of the road but they don't care.
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Or for a more modern altenative... a Suzuki Jimmny! :roll:
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy