what is this ?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

APR
1.8 8v

Re: what is this ?

Post by APR »

steve_earwig wrote:FermerPug posted an after-market cruise control above - http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise ... s-home.htm, I do not know if there is a shop to buy this in Portugal but there must be something like this.

Most parts of the cruise control on the D9 without com2000 are the same as the D8 (and even 405) but I am not sure if the computer will be the same, you may need to find the right one for your engine. The same for the cable that goes to the throttle, this is probably specific to the XU. You will also need the wiring and please understand I do not know how it interfaces with the engine computer :oops:

If you are buying a used radio for a 406 D8 look for one that comes with the stalk, this is the only way I can think of to be sure it will work with one - the parts catalogue lists tens of radios and it is not easy to understand. Remember you are buying a radio that is at best 10 years old, you can buy something better for the same money.
I think the aftermarket cruise control is not compatible with my car :

(peugeot 406 1.8 petrol / 7-1998)

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise ... eugeot.htm
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

I sended an e-mail to the web site, to know if is possible to fit
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

But if it is possible to install the aftermarket cruise, I need the monitor, anywan know wich monitor is ? my standard monitor is the thermometer
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

A thermometer should not have any connection with the cruise control.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

FarmerPug wrote:A thermometer should not have any connection with the cruise control.
ithink theres alittle bit of confusion here in this thread language barrier doesnt help much either me thinks :?
ithink what the fella means is he wants to have the other functions on the display abit simialar to like what we have on our d9 displays radio stations etc,

hes saying by the sounds of it he as only got a temp display,
im unsure of what displays where available for the d8s ive had a look on ebay and can only see d9 ones,
so icarnt work out off that, :(

"this is why hes most probably been looking at d9 parts to see if they wouid transplant to get the functions he wants,

this might be best for a D8 owner to kindly point out what there screens do in theres :roll:
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

lozz wrote:
FarmerPug wrote:A thermometer should not have any connection with the cruise control.
ithink theres alittle bit of confusion here in this thread language barrier doesnt help much either me thinks :?
ithink what the fella means is he wants to have the other functions on the display abit simialar to like what we have on our d9 displays radio stations etc,

hes saying by the sounds of it he as only got a temp display,
im unsure of what displays where available for the d8s ive had a look on ebay and can only see d9 ones,
so icarnt work out off that, :(

"this is why hes most probably been looking at d9 parts to see if they wouid transplant to get the functions he wants,

this might be best for a D8 owner to kindly point out what there screens do in theres :roll:
i think the MFD of a D8 is similar or maybe the same as de 406 coupe D8, like this one ( this is a 406 D8 ) :

From what i could see from the image aparently it only shows the clock ( look at the center ) ..

Edit: i'm going to disagree with myself right now for what i wrote in the previous line :oops: , the clock is displayed where the 406 D9's is the hazard button ...

but i know that the coupe ones, shows trip computer with a bit of modifications , at least ( coupes that doesn't come with trip computer )
Last edited by RayneR on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

edit :supafrisk:
Last edited by lozz on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

lolol , lozz, i just added some info for you guys , the car isn't mine, i don't know if he have the original radio :P heheh :cheesy: , you thought you were talking to APR :cheesy:
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

RayneR wrote:lolol , lozz, i just added some info for you guys , the car isn't mine, i don't know if he have the original radio :P heheh :cheesy: , you thought you were talking to APR :cheesy:
lol, yeah ithought iwas,
sorry about that iwill edit my previous post :oops:
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I had to do some editing to my post either lolol :oops: :oops:
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

RayneR wrote:lolol , lozz, i just added some info for you guys , the car isn't mine, i don't know if he have the original radio :P heheh :cheesy: , you thought you were talking to APR :cheesy:
Yes I have the original radio, the casset radio
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

is not possible to change my display ? to a display of a d9 car ? there are many displays displays like this:

1.6 BFZ Magneti Marelli 8P
1.8 8v LFX Sagem SL96
1.8 16v LFY Magneti Marelli 1AP20
1.8 16v LFY Sagem SL96
1.8 16v LFY Bosch MP 5.1.1
2.0 16v RFV ECU Bosch MP 5.2

thas anywon will work ? ( in case of it's possible to install the aftermarket cruise control)
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

i can put this on my d8 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEUGEOT-406-RADIO-C ... 7e954#shId

He just says that we have to have the radio with the ROUND VOLUME KNOB ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE. or a kind of radio like that won't fit in my d8 ? ( I have the casset radio)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

No parts from the d9 facelift version will work in your car
ithink you are chasing your own tail on this one,

you will need parts from a d8 so your best option is to look for parts from a higher spec car than yours then that way you will
get the functions you are looking for,

ihope this helps,

if you buy any D9 parts they will be of no use to you they wont Work in your car
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

APR wrote:i can put this on my d8 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEUGEOT-406-RADIO-C ... 7e954#shId

He just says that we have to have the radio with the ROUND VOLUME KNOB ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE. or a kind of radio like that won't fit in my d8 ? ( I have the casset radio)
No Good dont buy it !!
it wont work in d8 cars :roll: