01' 406 Key Fob.

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ArLee
1.8 8v

Re: 01' 406 Key Fob.

Post by ArLee »

Oh ok....
Thanks a lot for your help anyway.
Really appreciate it.
:)
110 GTX. I only bought it cause GTX sounds cool. Should've bought a clean LS. :/
carpingtaz
1.8 8v

Post by carpingtaz »

ArLee wrote:Hey.
I was searching for a replacement fob for my Y reg 110 GTX.
And listings were of either one or two button fobs.
Since i dont have a fob and only the key blade, i dont have a clue if my car came with 2 or 1 button fob.
Can someone please tell me which one is it?
Thanks!
I have an late 01 406 this is my key type http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGE ... 3cc55099a2
2001 2.0 HDI 110 Estate
ArLee
1.8 8v

Post by ArLee »

Thanks a lot man.
Much appreciated.
110 GTX. I only bought it cause GTX sounds cool. Should've bought a clean LS. :/
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

ArLee wrote:I have an late 01 406 this is my key type
I'm afraid "late" is the operative word there: that's for a full mux car and it's the same as my '04 :(
trem1 wrote:Deleted info as its only confusing apparently

(Trem, instead of posting a whole load of ballcocks that'll only baffle the poor guy you should use the vin as a filter on the parts diagrams - electrical unit -> protectors and doors -> locking/unlocking)

was only trying to help..........................again i get shot down by a Mod :cry:
What what? :shock: You missed out the :P there, I didn't mean to shoot you down, it's just that's a lot of stuff to trawl through if you're looking for something specific.

Gawd, next I'll be labelled a forum nazi :cry:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

@ Steve, your right i did miss the :P I posted all his car's info because i thought he wanted it
ArLee wrote:Do let me know if you come accross any other info, like some codes etc if any, as well.
Thanks.
I'm afraid i did take it as if you were trying to have a dig at me for some reason so i deleted the info, if the op wants to pm me his vin i will post it up again for him. :oops:

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

AwwwImage Stop taking me seriously, my wife doesn't... :shock:

I think we still want to check if the car has dead locks 'cos there always seems to be 2 button fobs without the hole in the blade on ebay but I've got no idea if they'll work on a car with normal locks.

ArLee
1.8 8v

Post by ArLee »

steve_earwig wrote: I think we still want to check if the car has dead locks
Pardon my ignorance but what are dead locks?

@trem1
I copied all the information you posted.
:P
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Dead locks?

they lock the car up tight, so if a window is smashed, the doors wouidnt be able to be opend from the inside,
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

steve_earwig wrote:AwwwImage Stop taking me seriously, my wife doesn't... :shock:

I think we still want to check if the car has dead locks 'cos there always seems to be 2 button fobs without the hole in the blade on ebay but I've got no idea if they'll work on a car with normal locks.
ok thats behind us then 8) 8)
i havnt got the op vin i dont think, ive got a d9 estate's vin but not sure if its the right one
and ive looked on servicebox for that car and for my 407 and a 307 that i have the vin for and cant find any info on deadlocks??

anyone help on how we find out??

trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

ArLee wrote:
@trem1
I copied all the information you posted.
:P

well done that man :) :)

ArLee
1.8 8v

Post by ArLee »

So if my car has dead locks, it will have 2 button key fobs.
And if not then a 1 button fob...???
Im just guessing if this is the case.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Yep, that seems to be it. I've never had a car with dead locks but it seems to be an extra stage of locking, lock the car in the normal way with the big button, then press the small button & and now the car can't even be opened if someone smashes a window.

Now then, I've tried a semi-mux SE coupé in Service Box, it says nothing about dead locks in characteristics but under electrical unit>protectors & doors>locking/unlocking I'm seeing both keys but the single button remote has no details. Also, looks like all coupés have dead locking but using a saloon it filters out the wrong locks. Make a note of which ones it says, remove the filter and it tells you what they are :cheesy:

ArLee
1.8 8v

Post by ArLee »

steve_earwig wrote:Yep, that seems to be it. I've never had a car with dead locks but it seems to be an extra stage of locking, lock the car in the normal way with the big button, then press the small button & and now the car can't even be opened if someone smashes a window.

Now then, I've tried a semi-mux SE coupé in Service Box, it says nothing about dead locks in characteristics but under electrical unit>protectors & doors>locking/unlocking I'm seeing both keys but the single button remote has no details. Also, looks like all coupés have dead locking but using a saloon it filters out the wrong locks. Make a note of which ones it says, remove the filter and it tells you what they are :cheesy:
If i give/pm you my vin, can you check in service box if its a semi mux with dead locks or not.
I think trem1 didnt find any relevent info but if it can be checked again, then why not.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Yes please, pm me it because I might have to disappear for a while today and there's always the chance some miscreant could make use of it...

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I have the magic vin and... it's got deadlocking :cheesy:

- CENTRAL DEAD LOCKING SINCE RPO 08911

So, two button remote from ebay (make sure the blade looks like yours) and then I run out of knowledge I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure the key can be coded to the car (probably not the chip though) but you'll either need someone with PP2000 or a car lock smith.