Bosch Engine ECU Programming via PP2000

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

splitpin
1.8 8v

Bosch Engine ECU Programming via PP2000

Post by splitpin »

I have just got a newer ECU for my wifes 406 110HDi Exec Estate.
Can I program it with PP2000 so that it will work on her car? Or will it need to go to a dealers?
If PP2000 can sync it to the car, can someone put a guide on here?
Thanks in advance,
Graham.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Bosch Engine ECU Programming via PP2000

Post by Doggy »

Don't honestly know, but you would expect it could.....

why not try that site lozz suggested yesterday, http://www.garageforum.co.uk/forum.html looked to have a wealth of PP2000 know-how
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Grab the ECU map on the old ECU with a KWP2000+/Galletto1260 and write it on the new one and you should be OK.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:Grab the ECU map on the old ECU with a KWP2000+/Galletto1260 and write it on the new one and you should be OK.
Does the ecu map contains that kind of info ? like the immobiliser code, configurations ? I don't think so ...And he must check if the new ecu is same software and part number as the old one or he might kill the ecu...it's almost like placing a mux ecu map into a semi-mux ecu(despite some have done this some of the stuff will not work correctly) ...

I advice you going into an auto eletrician to unlock it and lock it to your car ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Doggy wrote:Don't honestly know, but you would expect it could.....

why not try that site lozz suggested yesterday, http://www.garageforum.co.uk/forum.html looked to have a wealth of PP2000 know-how
you had a nosey then, 8)

some good stuff on there, ive spent agood few hours reading through it all ,
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

RayneR wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:Grab the ECU map on the old ECU with a KWP2000+/Galletto1260 and write it on the new one and you should be OK.
Does the ecu map contains that kind of info ? like the immobiliser code, configurations ? I don't think so ...And he must check if the new ecu is same software and part number as the old one or he might kill the ecu...it's almost like placing a mux ecu map into a semi-mux ecu(despite some have done this some of the stuff will not work correctly) ...

I advice you going into an auto eletrician to unlock it and lock it to your car ...
The immo code can be a problem, but it can be also when exchanging the ECUs and pp2000 will not solve that, the configurations should not be a problem.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:
RayneR wrote:

The immo code can be a problem, but it can be also when exchanging the ECUs and pp2000 will not solve that, the configurations should not be a problem.
If he have PP2000, configurations will not be a problem... but immo code will be a problem... he will not be able to exchange the ecu/start the car if he doesn't have the equipment to unlock the ecu and re-code it with the code of the car that is receiving it.
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

RayneR wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:The immo code can be a problem, but it can be also when exchanging the ECUs and pp2000 will not solve that, the configurations should not be a problem.
If he have PP2000, configurations will not be a problem... but immo code will be a problem... he will not be able to exchange the ecu/start the car if he doesn't have the equipment to unlock the ecu and re-code it with the code of the car that is receiving it.
Yes it's likely that it'll be needed to remove the immo or recode it. Or get the BSI and keys too from the donor car.

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

You may need a "virgin" file for the ecu, it's not stored in the flash with the maps, it's in a separate chip that needs removing, reprogramming then resoldering, after this you can use pp2000 to code it to the car, as long as you have the 4 digit security code, which comes on a card with the car but is usually lost, it can be bought from a peugeot dealer or read from the bsi/immobiliser box depending on year, by someone with the right equipment.

Or you could have the immobiliser removed from the ecu and cut the immobiliser wire to the ecu, that way it doesn't need pairing.