Help me Find Correct Pollen Filter

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Turbo7379
1.8 8v

Help me Find Correct Pollen Filter

Post by Turbo7379 »

I want to renew my pollen filter on my 01 HDI90 estate. I replaced it before and had no problem getting the correct filter but it seems to be a problem this time.

The filter fitted to my car consists of a paper element glued into a rectangular black plastic frame. This frame clips into the filter housing on the car. The haynes book shows this type of filter fitted.

The part no on the filter fitted is Alco MS-6150 which cross matches on the factors system as motaquip VCF136 or Fram CF5846 but these filters are different. Every filter I've found in all the local motor factors is a simple paper element with a foam seal around the outside but no plastic frame! :?: The oe part no is 6447s5.

Do the filters they are offering fit in properly without having the plastic frame?

Any help appreciated.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Help me Find Correct Pollen Filter

Post by lozz »

sorry youve had no replys:

ive noticed alot of new pollen filters dont have the plastic frame,
they always fit tho, ithink there made slightly bigger so they fit in tight,

May be there making them withought the frame to make them More easier to recycle (less plastic)
or too stop people being able to throw them in the washing machine to save a few quid, theyd fall to bits in there withought the frame a'spose,

Thats what inormaly-used to do with them anyway, :roll:
Turbo7379
1.8 8v

Post by Turbo7379 »

Thanks lozz. 8)

Local motor factor told me he would order one in from Alco but I would have to wait until his bulk order was sent. I called in today, Alco order had come in but no filter - he had forgot to order it!! :x

I'll just get one without the frame elsewhere.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Halfords normaly have them in, but 2 or 3 quids more expensive than anywhere else, :frown:

Sounds like a poor service from a motor factors that if there Missing orders!
id go to a differnt shop, they shouidnt waste your time, :(
Busman
3.0 24v

Post by Busman »

Turbo7379 wrote:Thanks lozz. 8)

Local motor factor told me he would order one in from Alco but I would have to wait until his bulk order was sent. I called in today, Alco order had come in but no filter - he had forgot to order it!! :x

I'll just get one without the frame elsewhere.
I just get them very easily from someone online like carparts for less, type in the reg, and away you go.
1999 HDI 110 GLX Estate Sold On at 230,000 miles to the lucky John
2003 HDI 110 Rapier Estate
1998 D8 1.9XUD Estate LX 7 seater Estate sold, with regret
1999 306 1.8 petrol.
RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

I know motorword get the ones with a plastic frame, my brother works there and got me one with his discount, I can't remember how much it was either before or after discount though!