what is this ?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: what is this ?

Post by FarmerPug »

The bsi is a nice idea when it works.
the com2000 has no benefit at all.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The COM2000 stalks, when they're not broken, certainly seem to be solid enough, and laid out quite well.

I was always a bit surprised when I got back into the old car how flimsy the stalks felt.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

FarmerPug wrote:You may be able to get a kit not from peugeot but some internet shop that lets you retrofit cruise control.

Trust me and im sure all other members agree, the com2000 was not a good thing.
I don't know any internet shop that sells that things
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

yes ok, so you people sayd that com2000 is not recomended, but is possible to install in my d8 of 1998 ? (just to know)
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

It is not possible to install COM2000 into a D8 car.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

are we sure his car is a d8 ?
his car is late 98 it might be d9 ive seen T reg ones floating about :?

ithink our friend is a bit confused maybe someone couid do abit of an explanation on what the bsi does and about the comm 2000 thing, ? then atleast he may understand why d9 and d8 parts wont be plug and play,

Language barrier may not help either so itl be hard for him to understand what we saying :(
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

lozz wrote:are we sure his car is a d8 ?
his car is late 98 it might be d9 ive seen T reg ones floating about :?

ithink our friend is a bit confused maybe someone couid do abit of an explanation on what the bsi does and about the comm 2000 thing, ? then atleast he may understand why d9 and d8 parts wont be plug and play,

Language barrier may not help either so itl be hard for him to understand what we saying :(
What you think ? my car is d8 our d9 ? and is a XU..... i undestand many things you people sayd, but if you could talk basic english is easyer to mee ;)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Your car is a D8. It is not possible to fit a com2000 to it. The com2000 is multiplex (digital) and only fitted to D9s built after 07/2001.

The picture you put at the start of this thread is of a D9 with com2000 and everyone is confused because you did not mention that this is not a picture of your car.

The radio stalk and cruise control were fitted to the D8 but the radio stalk needs the correct radio and the parts to fit cruise control to your car are many and expensive. You can perhaps purchase an after-market (that is, not made by Peugeot or any other car manufacturer) cruise control system and fit it to your car, it would be cheaper.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

hi mate
ithink xu will be d8

here is a picture of my car which is a d9
you can tell by the grille and the lights if they are d9

see picture does you grille and lights look the same ?
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

lozz wrote:hi mate
ithink xu will be d8

here is a picture of my car which is a d9
you can tell by the grille and the lights if they are d9

see picture does you grille and lights look the same ?
no, is a d8 ...
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

steve_earwig wrote:Your car is a D8. It is not possible to fit a com2000 to it. The com2000 is multiplex (digital) and only fitted to D9s built after 07/2001.

The picture you put at the start of this thread is of a D9 with com2000 and everyone is confused because you did not mention that this is not a picture of your car.

The radio stalk and cruise control were fitted to the D8 but the radio stalk needs the correct radio and the parts to fit cruise control to your car are many and expensive. You can perhaps purchase an after-market (that is, not made by Peugeot or any other car manufacturer) cruise control system and fit it to your car, it would be cheaper.
I'm planing to buy the original radio cd of the 406, so it is possible to install that stalk ?

where I find a after-market that sells that ? but if I buy it , it will have the monitor and the stalk ? my monitor is the thermometer
APR
1.8 8v

Post by APR »

If I buy the material in a scrap? the material of a d9 ?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

FermerPug posted an after-market cruise control above - http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise ... s-home.htm, I do not know if there is a shop to buy this in Portugal but there must be something like this.

Most parts of the cruise control on the D9 without com2000 are the same as the D8 (and even 405) but I am not sure if the computer will be the same, you may need to find the right one for your engine. The same for the cable that goes to the throttle, this is probably specific to the XU. You will also need the wiring and please understand I do not know how it interfaces with the engine computer :oops:

If you are buying a used radio for a 406 D8 look for one that comes with the stalk, this is the only way I can think of to be sure it will work with one - the parts catalogue lists tens of radios and it is not easy to understand. Remember you are buying a radio that is at best 10 years old, you can buy something better for the same money.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

an aftermarket cruise control might be easeir to get hold of and more reliable if fitted correctly.