Interior Sensor

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

scottpsouth
1.8 8v

Interior Sensor

Post by scottpsouth »

Anyone got a spare AC interior sensor (the one by the interior lights) for a D8?

Thanks

Scott
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I haven't but whats up with it? you will probably only get one from Peugeot.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
scottpsouth
1.8 8v

Post by scottpsouth »

Its noisy (sounds like the bearings gone). Also the AC doesnt seem to register the correct interior temp (i.e. I set it to 22 and it freezes me to death)

Scott

?100 from peugeot.
deathbydiesel
1.8 8v

Post by deathbydiesel »

What sort of money you want to spend? There's two or three 406 D8 at my local scrappy, if you want I could see about getting one for you tomorrow, I love any chance to go rooting through scrappies, I will check it works by connecting to mine. Let us know what you want to do.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

deathbydiesel wrote:What sort of money you want to spend? There's two or three 406 D8 at my local scrappy, if you want I could see about getting one for you tomorrow, I love any chance to go rooting through scrappies, I will check it works by connecting to mine. Let us know what you want to do.
What a nice chap :D

That is exactly what this place is for.....helping fellow owners, nice one.

A nice little device though, 'sampling' the interior air.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
scottpsouth
1.8 8v

Post by scottpsouth »

Thanks for the offer! I guess from a scrappy I wouldnt be wanting to pay more than 5-10 quid for something like that (but then I do come from Essex)

It would be wonderful if you could get me one!

Thanks!

Scott
deathbydiesel
1.8 8v

Post by deathbydiesel »

No worries, I'll go ferreting tomorrow
They call me Grand-Pa!
deathbydiesel
1.8 8v

Post by deathbydiesel »

Okay, went scrappies, if he had one it would of been 'bout ?10, only one he had sounded like a Led Zep drum solo, so the hunt continues, :D By the way, is there any other Peugeots or Citroens that use the same part? And if you could let me know if you get one, I'm gonna keep trying this end for you. Toodles.

Oh Completely Random I know, but, went to see Superman today, top film, well worth bunking off work!
They call me Grand-Pa!
scottpsouth
1.8 8v

Post by scottpsouth »

Hi,

Cool thanks. Havent got one yet and not likely to in the near future so many thanks for the effort! Scott
deathbydiesel wrote:Okay, went scrappies, if he had one it would of been 'bout ?10, only one he had sounded like a Led Zep drum solo, so the hunt continues, :D By the way, is there any other Peugeots or Citroens that use the same part? And if you could let me know if you get one, I'm gonna keep trying this end for you. Toodles.

Oh Completely Random I know, but, went to see Superman today, top film, well worth bunking off work!
scottpsouth
1.8 8v

Post by scottpsouth »

Hi,

I am right in thinking this is the interior air temp sensor for the AC right? IF so does anyone know whats behind the little grill on the AC control panel?

Cheers

Scott
deathbydiesel
1.8 8v

Post by deathbydiesel »

Scott, just found this, it's got the sensor as well!!! hth :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
I know it's beige but you must be able to change the bit's over.
They call me Grand-Pa!