Dead remote

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Dead remote

Post by michaeljclark »

Well **** me, having gone to the trouble of putting new batteries in the remote two months ago, it died.

Last saturday the little LED came on when I pressed the button but no-one was home and it didn't unlock the car - no probs there, followed Foxy's procedure and it was working a goodun (i.e. I re programmed it)

Tuesday went to work in the car - locked it

Came back - nothing doing - press button and nothing happened, no LED on the remote.

Phoned the local stealers and they want ?103.73 (inc VAT for the remote) and a further ?20 becuase I don't appear to have the "Key Number" for them to reorder the key

Annoyed - I'll say so.

I'm going to check the batteries but I'm very cross

:evil:
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

Well my probem is solved - typical french electrics (dunno if the remote is made by a french company - but it operates a french car so it's french AFAIC

Anyway - i took the batteries back to where I'd brought them and askerd them to be checked (a shot in the dark) and no they were fine, but the guy did manage to cause the remote to fall to bits as he got the betteries out.

So I wondered back to the car thinking about all the things I could do with ?123 odd quid and by habit plipped the button on the remote to unlock the car.

Buger me if it did't do just that - I've got a sneaky suspition that the french gremlins decided to leave me alone once more :mrgreen:
slick
1.8 16v

Post by slick »

I had a nightmare with locks...