CENTRAL LOCKING ISSUE

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kyle406
1.6 8v

CENTRAL LOCKING ISSUE

Post by Kyle406 »

Hello

I have 406 1999 1.8 lx and the central locking is a problem at the moment. I have 2 keys for the car but only one of them has buttons on it for central locking.

The remote control key has 2 buttons - one large and one small. The large button is used to lock and unlock the car but at the moment when I press the large button to lock the car the doors all lock and then immediately unlock. I try about 4 times then the remote stops working for a while. This started a few days ago and then it worked ok and now it is playing up again. Also if I open the passenger front door the interior light does not come on an the display unit does not show that the door is open so I am not too sure if this is connected. All other electrics working fine.

Please can someone help me with any suggestions – I will be most grateful :lol:
mickeydread1122
1.8 16v

Re: CENTRAL LOCKING ISSUE

Post by mickeydread1122 »

the issue is with 1 of the doors thats sticking and thereby preventing the car from locking.you need to check each and every door to find which 1 is the culprit thats preventing the central locking from working.
Kyle406
1.6 8v

Re: CENTRAL LOCKING ISSUE

Post by Kyle406 »

Hi Micky

thanks very much for your help - i will test all the doors and see which one has gone bad.

thanks.