Washer jet blocked?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

leestudd30
2.0 Turbo

Washer jet blocked?

Post by leestudd30 »

My passenger side one is struggling to get any water through. I've disconnected it from the bonnet and the pipe that goes with it and soaked them overnight in some warm water with fairy liquid. Some crap got came out but I can't get a pin or needle through the jet to unblock it that way, is there anything else I could soak it in?
1997 2 litre GLX 4dr now dead!
2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso Desire HDi
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Re: Washer jet blocked?

Post by gumby6371 »

3 choices

I recently cleaned mine in lemon juice and it works a treat on lime scale.

Alternatively they come under the category of 'it fits in your pocket so it's free at the breakers'

3rd and final after all else has failed option, buy a new one as they cost less than the diesel you've used trying options 1 and 2 :oops:
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

get youself a set of atomising ones instead - they're much better & mine have never blocked. 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

If you've not got any bell wire available, find one of those bag ties that used to come with bin bags or can be found holding new cables or kids toys in their packaging and strip the plastic off
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Post by DiscoPol »

Put it in a sock, tie the end up and next time you do a washing load shove it in the washer, if you have a dishwasher then they are pretty good at shifting deep seated grot too.
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

dogslife wrote:get youself a set of atomising ones instead - they're much better & mine have never blocked. 8)
You mean mist jets like the D9? I tried that once, they miss and they're not adjustable.

You used to be able to lever the little eyeballs out with a pin to clean them but I'm not sure with these. When I had this problem on my D8 the thing broke as I was trying to pull the pipe off and that's when I discovered that they're cheap as chips from the dealer.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.